Send Topic Print
mufflers (Read 214 times)
mayor4u
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

mufflers
05/08/12 at 19:23:26

bought a new muffler from nichesupply on ebay for 54.00... looks like the jardine unit, came with bracket,  shims that actually fit, and hardware, it is loud , i may do some more baffle work than what came with it ,but the price is good and its lighter by a longshot, nice chroming, and looks fantastic on the bike.  Smiley

pipe.jpg
  IP Logged
DNLMusik
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: mufflers
Reply #1 - 05/09/12 at 01:09:59

Could u please post a link to the muffler on ebay? Is it the 16" or the 19"?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/09/12 at 03:02:27

How long have you had that bike? It doesnt look like the end of that peg has scraped anything.. just sayin..

'If youve got no experience in such matters, itll scare the crap out of ya,the first 20 times.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #3 - 05/09/12 at 05:31:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/09/12 at 03:02:27:
How long have you had that bike? It doesnt look like the end of that peg has scraped anything.. just sayin..

'If youve got no experience in such matters, itll scare the crap out of ya,the first 20 times.,

give 'em time... give 'em time...

Wait until he figures out that if he leans hard right he can hear the exhaust better as it reverberates off the pavement. his right peg will be down to nothing.

mayor, does the pipe curve a little at the end? hard to tell from the picture. The jardine exhaust doesn't have a curve, but they do look similar. It is a shame that there is no good way to record exhaust sounds. No matter what you do recordings never sound as good as being on the bike. or being on the bike accelerating at 60mph....

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #4 - 05/09/12 at 08:35:05

Here's a street sweeper for ya....everything is high and tight and tucked in. I like it rotated slash cut down.

savage_034_002.jpg

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/09/12 at 09:32:39

I picked up this sportster muffler from a custom bike shop as a take off for $5.00. The clamp cost me $8.00 from Harley dealer.

Savage13.jpg
  IP Logged
mayor4u
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/14/12 at 04:05:52

clean install on your dyna muff....this pipe is the 19" model from niche supply, actually its a emglo, yes its a slight curve at the end, Iam running the stock air cleaner and box at this point but ordered the dynajet stage 1 kit, the headpipe is still a nice gold, but i want to be safe plus im sure with the calif smog settings it could use a little enrichment, all in all the pipe sounds bitchen, like a 1 cylinder harley uncorked...lol, I love this bike! probably the most comfortable bike out of like 40 ive ever owned, ive fabricated some old school higbhway pegs and posted pics here , there now completed and installed, roughly the same width as the stock controls , about 9" forward and 9 inches higher up, veryyy comfortable and nice to have options on a long highway ride, love the site guys!  Smiley

IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/14/12 at 09:29:25

You must have an S40. Your seat looks a lot more comfortable than the one on my '04 Savage. I'm looking for a Sportster seat to put on mine so my wife can ride with me. She doesn't like the stock passenger seat.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:25:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › mufflers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.