Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Does anyone use Facebook? (Read 398 times)
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Does anyone use Facebook?
Reply #15 - 05/09/12 at 08:25:22

Well, all my family members use it and complain that I'm not on it.  I just don't have the time for it.  Spare time, I spend here.  I've considered it, but I guess my primary reason initially for staying away from it was my husband didn't want me to.  (didn't want old boyfriends to be able to find me, I guess lol)  Easier to just stay away from it and keep him happy than to argue.  Not worth it.  I have a Windows smartphone and integration with FB and a few others is tremendous on this phone, but I still don't use it.  

Another thing... if you are job hunting... employers are now using it to "check people out".  Don't say anything or post anything on your page that you wouldn't want a prospective employer to know.  I know someone who was close to hiring a gal until they looked at her FB and saw a pic of her smoking a joint, raving about being a party girl, blah, blah.  Figured she'd miss alot of work.  May be inaccurate, but the impression was bad enough to choose someone else.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #16 - 05/09/12 at 08:48:35

The employer thing is true. There are also some that are demanding your FB password to see what you are hiding from public view! I have all my stuff public (I think) because if I have an opinion on something, dammit, I want the world to know!  Tongue

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #17 - 05/09/12 at 08:52:17

babyhog wrote on 05/09/12 at 08:25:22:
Another thing... if you are job hunting... employers are now using it to "check people out".  Don't say anything or post anything on your page that you wouldn't want a prospective employer to know.  I know someone who was close to hiring a gal until they looked at her FB and saw a pic of her smoking a joint, raving about being a party girl, blah, blah.  Figured she'd miss alot of work.  May be inaccurate, but the impression was bad enough to choose someone else.

BH, that just seems like common sense to me, but I guess there are alot of people without any.  I do not put alot of stuff on FB, a few comments, a few pictures, I rarely "like" anything (even if I do like it).  I am much more of a stalker there than anything else.  I have been extremely disappointed with some of the things I have seen and I have been extremely impressed as well.  A friend called it "an unintentional glimpse into the soul" and I think there is alot of truth in that.

Whatever you put in the net is there to stay, wherever you put it.  So, everyone had better be careful.  Careless words do often come back to bite you.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 05/09/12 at 08:55:00

Its not that they decided she would miss work, they just looked at that & they know it is almost the same as carrying a sign to a major intersection saying "I smoke dope & act a fool",, & thats just stupid,. so they didnt hire her,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #19 - 05/09/12 at 09:05:04

prechermike wrote on 05/09/12 at 08:52:17:
Whatever you put in the net is there to stay, wherever you put it.  So, everyone had better be careful.  Careless words do often come back to bite you.

I have tried to impress this on my daughter and all of her friends. Some get it. Some think I'm crazy. Well, think I am wrong and know I am crazy. Anyway, in my business (computers) I see people do some very irresponsible things on the internet, mostly out of ignorance and blind trust.

Edit: One day I may figure out how to not booger up my quotes.  Smiley

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/09/12 at 09:35:25

Don't take this the wrong way but you remind me of the dating site murderer. Tongue

http://www.quickmeme.com/Dating-Site-Murderer/

--Steve

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #21 - 05/09/12 at 10:08:44

Paraquat wrote on 05/09/12 at 09:35:25:
Don't take this the wrong way but you remind me of the dating site murderer. Tongue

http://www.quickmeme.com/Dating-Site-Murderer/

--Steve

Crap! I thought I deleted all those! I guess it is true that it is on the web forever.  Roll Eyes

(Those are pretty funny!)

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #22 - 05/10/12 at 03:22:56

babyhog wrote on 05/09/12 at 08:25:22:
Well, all my family members use it and complain that I'm not on it.  I just don't have the time for it.  Spare time, I spend here.  I've considered it, but I guess my primary reason initially for staying away from it was my husband didn't want me to.  (didn't want old boyfriends to be able to find me, I guess lol)  Easier to just stay away from it and keep him happy than to argue.  Not worth it.  I have a Windows smartphone and integration with FB and a few others is tremendous on this phone, but I still don't use it.  

I agree with what he said about "wasting time" on it. I know some people that spend hours a day playing games on FB. I have it, but treat it like just another form of email. I post a few pics, mostly ones I took out riding, or at the Portland Raceway, and so on. As far as the employer thing, yeah, I don't post anything I wouldn't say in front of my Mom. I figure that way I'm pretty safe! Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #23 - 05/10/12 at 16:17:46

I have an account that my wife set up for me. I'm never on it, even though it is the only way to find out what is going on with my triplet nieces. Who are almost a year and a half old. Who I have never seen in person. Even though I lived a whopping 9 miles (maybe) from my brother and his wife (who doesn't approve of me, I ride motorcycles, smoke and am a naturist).

Didn't like the people I went to school with when I was in school with them (with a few exceptions).

Don't have time for over half the forums I belong to. Town job + farming + trying to restart my bike shop = absolutely no free time.

I'm actually supposed to be building tomato cages right now... Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #24 - 05/10/12 at 16:25:33

WD wrote on 05/10/12 at 16:17:46:
I ride motorcycles, smoke and am a naturist).

Well I sure hope you wear SOME kind of protection while riding!  Roll Eyes

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
mybtr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 05/11/12 at 20:47:17

Facebook is great for organizing events and keeping in touch with others.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #26 - 05/12/12 at 07:48:06

I had no problem keeping my posts on Facebook decent. Some friends and family would post stuff that was in my opinion quite embarrassing. Rather than deal with the whole un friending thing, I just opted out. I am sure what was in the account is still on the net somewhere for all to see. It's not that they are bad people, I still stay in contact, it's that they don't realize what ever you post on Facebook, or on the Internet in general, can come back and haunt you when you least expect it.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #27 - 05/12/12 at 14:04:34

Once upon a time, I had a facebook.

But after understanding that
facebook is a creation for the
sheeple of the world courtesy
of the CIA / MOSAD / DoD &
CORP. INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
data mining operation I no
longer have one, thank you.

The idea itself, and execution,
is pure genius though.

-------------------------------------------

oh, and saying that

"Once you embrace the fact that there is
no privacy anywhere on the interwebz,
you will enjoy it! "

is sorda like throwing gasoline in the
fire, when your own house is the one
that's burning; this statement falls 10'
away from any form of logic, still,
I am somehow not one bit surprised.

Cheesy

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 05/12/12 at 15:06:57

my facebook is for my family ties
my ss.com is for my comrades in arms or bikes as the case may be.

I disallow any apps that pry into my privacy
and if work every demanded my password for facebook, "I" wouldn't have a facebook account.

besides, they don't need my password to see it.  I don't know how any one of them have gotten away with this.

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #29 - 05/14/12 at 18:09:32

You checked the lack of help wanted ads lately? That's how.

I get my phone tapped enough as is. Ex-club member, who happens to be a hard working white Eagle Scout who actually pays his taxes, has NO criminal record...

Yep, I must be the bad guy.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:29:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Does anyone use Facebook?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.