Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bobbed rear fender mounting question (Read 368 times)
mtbrallier
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bobbed rear fender mounting question
Reply #15 - 05/15/12 at 17:46:15

I know you don't want to cut but there are some areas on the swingarm to drill a hole on either side to mount or use that cool seat a your fender looks rad.  I cut down my stock fender an used the old mounting holes trying to keep it cheap I will put up a pic when I get to the computer

IP Logged
Nightgrey
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/15/12 at 18:41:33

here is a pic of the stock fender cut down and remounted

131_1024x765.jpg
  IP Logged
lch2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/16/12 at 10:01:25

greenmonster wrote on 05/08/12 at 16:41:42:
If you can find a way to keep from cutting the frame and turn it into a reversable solo rider I will buy you a beer! I've been wanting to turn it into a solo ride for a long time but I don't because of the occasional time that my wife and I do a weekend trip. If I could flip back and forth (solo/stock) with only a few hours work in between I would be a very happy man.

Been thinking on this myself, and have two ideas I will like to share with the forum community:

1. Chop the frame and adjust to a solo seat, but fabbing a passenger seat that will have some sort of underneath structure that be slide on the inside of the uncut portion of the frame, and be tightened with 2 or 3 screws that can go from side to side of the bike, each one going through the frame side - seat structure - seat structure - frame side.  This if made correctly can be mounted in a few minutes.  I'm adding a lousy picture of my idea!

2. The other idea will be to have two seats, the solo seat, and a 2 person seat with some framing underneath, along with stronger frame supports, strong enough to manage the weight of both persons by just being attached on the front end (same as the solo seat)

removable_seat.png
  IP Logged
lownslow
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/16/12 at 11:05:36

ohio thumper wrote on 05/08/12 at 19:08:53:
i used some spacers i made at work to get my fender lower to the tire and mounted it using stock locations. then i went all crazy and started cutting away Shocked

That was my original plan, but I can't figure out how to get my fender close enough to the rear tire so it doesn't look like a dirt bike, while still maintaining enough clearance for the tire so it doesn't bottom out.

IP Logged
lownslow
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/16/12 at 11:27:30

Update:  This is the bracket I was talking about.  Note the holes for the rectifier and signal relay.

This is the front of the solo seat.  I welded on a piece so that it slots onto the stock tongue used with the stock seat.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:32:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobbed rear fender mounting question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.