Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Howdy, new Savage owner
05/07/12 at 06:46:40

Greetings all, from Muggy Mississippi!

I bought a new to me 2002 Savage 650 with 475 miles on it.  This is my first bike in well over 25 years, and is actually my "biggest" bike. First bike was a Yamaha DT 175 and then a Yamaha 550 Maxim ( loved that bike).

Anyway, wholly molly, put a 100 or so miles on her today, and my booty is soo sore, its gonna take a week heal!

Don't think I can stay off the bike for a week though....  Grin

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Howdy, new Savage owner
Reply #1 - 05/07/12 at 07:13:30

Welcome Pine! I just recently purchased a 2002 as well! Mine has a bit more miles on it though. I know what you mean about the sore butt. I am going to lift the front of the seat as most say that is a huge improvement. Until then, what I found that kinda works is to push my butt all the way back until it hits the pillion and lean back slightly. It helps both my butt and my back.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/07/12 at 08:28:11

Well,, If you got 100 miles on it, it sounds like its not all gunked up from sitting,.Be careful of those tires,, have a good look at them. You changed the oil, right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 05/07/12 at 09:22:35

My first longer ride of the year was yesterday at about 85 miles. I've got the stock seat on mine, but done a front lift of about 1" and added 4" forward controls. I have to say my backside isn't bothering me at all from that. On the other hand, I did my first spin class at the gym today and now my arse really hurts  Sad

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 05/07/12 at 10:00:13

I think spinning is great exercise, I used to do it a lot. 30 years ago, I was doing it more days than not. My thighs got big, 28 inches, & on a 5'6 guy with a 30 inch waist, thats big,,
I approached that "spinning" thing a little differently. I used toe traps, so I could work the muscle groups, front & back & I used a different kind of equipment, I had a complete bicycle, so I got to go around corners & keep my mind occupied with things other than how bad my legs, lungs & bum were burning.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:24:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Howdy, new Savage owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.