Summer safety gear? (Read 428 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Summer safety gear?
Reply #30 - 05/08/12 at 11:29:05

I just bought a "summer joy" mesh "jacket" with pads at a local bike shop... $100. (brand was 6th gear)I was rather amazed. It is very heavy and rather bulky. When your not moving it can get a warm ( more so that in a Tee) but when moving it seems to create air turblence and actually seems cooler that just a Tee.

http://six-gear.com/apparel2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&produc...

I am dreading getting gloves.. but yall make a good point. Still looking for some boots ( boot like) shoes. I need something I can wear all day at work in the office.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 05/08/12 at 11:37:29

Pine wrote on 05/08/12 at 11:29:05:
Still looking for some boots ( boot like) shoes. I need something I can wear all day at work in the office.

I keep a pair of "office" shoes at work.  At some point, your boots are going to get messed up.  Having a second pair at work eliminates that worry.

WWW   IP Logged
Scott McCrory

Thumper newbie

Columbus Ohio USA
Reply #32 - 05/08/12 at 17:57:16

verslagen1 wrote on 05/08/12 at 11:37:29:
I keep a pair of "office" shoes at work.  At some point, your boots are going to get messed up.  Having a second pair at work eliminates that worry.

Darned good idea!

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard
  IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 05/08/12 at 18:56:37

Pine wrote on 05/08/12 at 11:29:05:
Still looking for some boots ( boot like) shoes. I need something I can wear all day at work in the office.

I keep a pair of shoes in my desk drawer and change at work.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #34 - 05/08/12 at 19:45:31

ATGATT (ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME) Live by it. If it's too hot for the gear, it's too hot to ride.

http://sportbike.natkd.com/road_rash.htm

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Scott McCrory

Thumper newbie

Columbus Ohio USA
Reply #35 - 05/09/12 at 05:29:46

Starlifter wrote on 05/08/12 at 19:45:31:
ATGATT (ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME) Live by it. If it's too hot for the gear, it's too hot to ride.
http://sportbike.natkd.com/road_rash.htm

Yikes.  Good perspective.

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard
  IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #36 - 05/09/12 at 07:24:21

A week after getting my S40, I ordered the mesh jacket...just got it last night.  Took it for a ride...and it blows air through like a tank top!  This is the nuts, man!  Shoulder and elbow pads, full coverage, and full airflow!  I'd recommend a mesh jacket to everyone for the summer.  It's the ONLY way to ride here in the hot south....   Cool

IP Logged
Dave Sisk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #37 - 05/09/12 at 07:40:33

Which one did you order?  Post a link for us plz.

Cheers,
Dave

IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #38 - 05/09/12 at 07:45:47

Well, I have a hard time getting one in my size...so I had to go to the Harley Davidson website for it.  I guess I'm more a Harley size than a Suzuki size.  Smiley

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524...

This is the one I ended up getting.  Not the cheapest I could have gotten, but it seems the selection changes every day on this site.  I got one that has the reflective stripes on it.  I don't bother much with the looks of things, as for me it would be like putting lipstick on a pig, but it's not too bad looking, either.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #39 - 05/09/12 at 07:49:15

i cant stand to be hot! so no jacket of any kind for me from April 1 thru October - i do wear jeans & this stuff though:

http://www.themanstoreonline.com/OK-1-TO3-04-TL3-04-ANSI-Class-III-T-Shirts-p...

Brahma SWAT boots $34 Walmart in stores only.

Vega Sumitt II modular helmet - white for vis and to reflect the heat

hi vis MX gloves keeps the hands cool with some protection

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Dave Sisk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #40 - 05/09/12 at 09:24:33

gcsdls wrote on 05/09/12 at 07:45:47:
Well, I have a hard time getting one in my size...so I had to go to the Harley Davidson website for it.  I guess I'm more a Harley size than a Suzuki size.  Smiley

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524...

This is the one I ended up getting.  Not the cheapest I could have gotten, but it seems the selection changes every day on this site.  I got one that has the reflective stripes on it.  I don't bother much with the looks of things, as for me it would be like putting lipstick on a pig, but it's not too bad looking, either.

Cool. So, one thing I'm not liking about the mesh jacket that I picked is that it doesn't have any sort of waist adjustment...and without that, it just has to be tight to stay in place during a potential fall or slide.  I think a waist adjustment would be much better.

Dave

IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #41 - 05/09/12 at 09:31:28

Yes...waist adjustment...and what mine really needs...sleeve adjustment.  Some of the jackets here have snaps to tighten the sleeves up a bit...but mine didn't.  Wish I'd seen that before I ordered it.

IP Logged
Dave Sisk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #42 - 05/09/12 at 11:12:07

I just returned the mesh jacket I had gotten and exchanged it for one size larger in a slightly different model.  I hadn't noticed, but both have waist adjustments.  The one I had was just too tight, and in thinking about it, I really don't need the zip-out liner (if it's that chilly, I'll use a different jacket).  The one I exhanged it for has a waist adjustment, plus has snaps on the forearms to tighten things there (which I think is good, will keep the elbow armor from sliding around even though the jacket is one size larger).

This is one of the two models with snaps on the arm...this isn't the one I got but almost exactly the same.  The one I have is solid black, but has some reflectors built into it, and the sleeve size snaps are on the forearm instead of the biceps.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/sport_mesh_motorcycle_jacket/web1001097

Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:17:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Summer safety gear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.