Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Proper Paint Code for 2001? (Read 39 times)
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Proper Paint Code for 2001?
05/06/12 at 17:55:59

I had the front fender repainted at a body shop using the info from the Color-Rite site for the glacial blue metallic colour.  Unfortunately, the blue colour of the repainted fender does not match the original colour on the rest of the bike which is a lighter silver blue metallic.  It's a Canadian bike but I have seen the same colour on 2001 Savages on US websites.  

Has anyone experienced this paint code problem?  Did you end up going to a shop and saying to match the colour as best as they could?

Thanks for your help.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Proper Paint Code for 2001?
Reply #1 - 05/06/12 at 18:24:39

metalics need the proper primer coat to get a close match..
check with  color rite

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/06/12 at 18:36:44

thumperclone wrote on 05/06/12 at 18:24:39:
metalics need the proper primer coat to get a close match..
check with  color rite

Thanks thumperclone.  Color Rite indicates that a base color is not necessary for the glacial blue metallic.  I'm guessing that the base is the same as the primer.  If that's the case, it must be a different colour altogether.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/06/12 at 20:55:37

So,, what are ya gonna do? Get the fender repainted or have the tank & other fender done to match?  Dang bummer,, Hate to hear it.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
nooner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/07/12 at 05:30:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/06/12 at 20:55:37:
So,, what are ya gonna do? Get the fender repainted or have the tank & other fender done to match?  Dang bummer,, Hate to hear it.,

A bummer is right justin_o_guy2.  I probably won't find a matching paint code so I'll see if the body shop can match the original paint.  I'm staying with the original colour because it is my wife's bike and she thinks it is "more purty".

When we bought the bike from the previous owner last summer, we noticed a fork bag had worn off some paint on the front fender.  As a nice surprise for her, I removed the fender and had it repainted.  Since the fender now does not match the original colour, it has turned out to be quite the surprise indeed!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:22:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Proper Paint Code for 2001?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.