Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jets to start out with (Read 148 times)
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Jets to start out with
05/05/12 at 18:07:11

I received my Lancer Jetset in the mail today. Anyone know what the stock jets in a 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 650 are? I need to know what main and what pilot jet to try first... Also, do I replace the white washer with all 3 washers? The main and pilot jet get tightened right? The only screws that get adjusted out are the idle screw and the mixture screw right? Just need alittle help on the basics and I should be good.. Everything is all stock except I drilled 8 5/16" holes in my back plate of my muffler baffle.. Thank you to any help.

Jacob

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Jets to start out with
Reply #1 - 05/05/12 at 18:25:48

#145/52.5,.. main/pilot... stock...

Use enough washers to equal 1/2 to 2/3rds of the stock washer...

Main and pilot just screw in tight,.. but that's brass, don't muscle it... and don't lose the washer under the main.  You need it...

Some tips on testing here...
Serowbot's carb tuning tips for beginners...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Reply #2 - 05/05/12 at 18:57:34

Thanks man, so I should install the #150 Main / #55 Pilot and as many washers it takes to make 1/2 the stock washer?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/05/12 at 20:13:29

You mite be ahead to just go ahead & put enough washers in to make 2/3rds of the white washer. IIRC, diameter is very important, cant be too big or it wont go in the hole, ( Full disclosure: I only went in that thing once 6 years ago)

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

Reply #4 - 05/06/12 at 15:29:25

Hello again, OK I found a reasonable Dynojet stage-1 kit online and now I think I just made a mistake. The bike is 2002 Savage, stock everything except Dyna exhaust. I thought the guy at the second bike shop (first shop said do not rejet) but the second said I should and that he would go up 2 steps on the pilot and 1 step on the main. I have the stock jets right here in front of me 145 & 52.5. Anyway the Dynojet kit does not even come with a pilot jet so I would be changing only the main and the needle. The problem is that the bike starts, idles and runs fine. It just has a flat spot at about 1/4 throttle.
So as I see it this kit will do nothing for me. I am located near Rochester, NY I think at about 761ft. above sea level. I looked at the info on here such as carb tuning for beginners but honestly and I know it's not always cut and dry, exact but all I really need to know is how to get rid of the flat spot without altering anything else. The Ryca guy told me that the needle mod does nothing except for the backfiring issue. So 2 steps pilot and 1 step main, what are we taliking about ? Should I just send the DJ kit back when it comes or will I actually benefit from it? All I know is the wife's bike is torn apart in the shop and she ain't happy!!!  Sad  If anyone can shed a little light on which direction I should head I would really appreciate it. Please don't give me more technical stuff to add to the confusion. I ride a fuel injected machine and now I know why I went that direction. I just want to get her up and running, I don't care if it's a race bike or if it will do wheelies or any of that. I just want her to be able to get out of the way if she needs to. That flat spot is dangerous as far as I am concerned especially for a newbie . I tried adjusting it out with the mixture screw but couldn't quite get there. When I turned it back in the other day it was 6 1/2 turns out. That can't be good! Thanks, and ride safe!       tuneman

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 05/06/12 at 15:44:26

With the Dyna exhaust and no intake mods you should stick with the 52.5 pilot, and try a 150 main jet. The white spacer mod does richen the mixture up a bit as it raises the needle slightly. I would (and did) do a 2/3 spacer mod. I mostly cruise around at about 900' altitude.
BTW the Dyno-jet numbers are different than the numbers Mikuni uses. You will find a cross ref chart in the tech section.http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1104263751

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

Reply #6 - 05/06/12 at 15:56:08

Hello and thank you, I see that the DJ numbers are different. I thought I read somewhere that the 144 was used but it made the bike run to lean. I know that the DJ jets are made differently as well. If this is the case where the 52.5 is sufficient then I may be OK with the DJ kit? They suggest putting the clip on the 4th notch, I don't know how that measures up to the Mikuni needle. I did look at a cross reference chart before posting but I will check this out to see if it is the same one.  Ride Safe

IP Logged
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

Reply #7 - 05/06/12 at 16:08:17

OK I checked it out. 145=154.7 in the DJ kit. When they talk about going up 1 step are they talking going to 147.5 = 157.3 or is the 155 Mikuni considered 1 step up from the stock 145? That would be a 165.3 in DJ kit. Sorry, I just don't know this stuff. Putting the bike in the shop was just not an option right now or I would never have messed with it. If I had known, the stock muffler would still be on it and i would have kept my money and my sanity. The wife didn't really care, I was simply trying to make it better for her. Once I get it going I wish to never do it again.  lol....
Thanks

IP Logged
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

Reply #8 - 05/06/12 at 16:16:31

Well, I guess this answers my last question. 146 is the biggest jet in the kit. Still don't know if the 144 or that one is considered a step up. Dynojet supposedly is a flat machined surface where the Mikuni jets are chamfered. I suppose that could restrict it a bit.
Parts List
1 Main Jet DJ138
1 Main Jet DJ140
1 Main Jet DJ142
1 Main Jet DJ144
1 Main Jet DJ146
1 Fuel Needle DNO618
1 E-clip DE0001
1 Adjusting Washer DW0001
1 Plug Drill DD 5/32
1 Screw DS0001

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 05/06/12 at 16:57:09

Another cross reference:http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/repair-maintenance/10476-carb-jet-size-c...
You should put in the 160 dyno-jet (which you don't have.)
Personally I would PM Lancer- he sells mikuni jet sets very reasonably.
Do the white spacer mod and you might be happy with that.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

Reply #10 - 05/06/12 at 17:15:29

Thanks! I actually was going to do that but because I didn't have 10 posts it wouldn't allow me to pm anyone. Other than that i would love to talk to him.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:19:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jets to start out with

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.