Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Securing Idle Mixture Screw (Read 47 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Securing Idle Mixture Screw
05/03/12 at 13:27:44

I have put 200 miles on a 2007 S40 (purchased with 3600 miles) and enjoy the burble on deceleration but detest the rifle crack of the after fire. I read the post dealing with the idle mixture screw and also one suggesting the exhaust header acorn nuts we correctly tightened.

I did both and took it on a 11 mile ride with speeds from 55 to 15. I made a point to close the throttle hard every time I could. In the past, this always seemed to result in an after fire. Except for one rifle crack, nothing but that great deceleration sound.

My question and concern is the stability of the idle mixture screw. It did not have very much resistance during adjustment. Does anyone see any issues with putting some silicone sealer over the screw to hold it in place or is there a better solution?

Thanks

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Securing Idle Mixture Screw
Reply #1 - 05/03/12 at 14:49:35

There is a spring under it to stop it from turning. If it is more than 3 turns out you should go up a jet size, as that is pretty close to undone and it might fall out.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:24:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Securing Idle Mixture Screw

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.