Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rejet after Dyna muffler install. (Read 136 times)
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

rejet after Dyna muffler install.
05/01/12 at 00:19:51

Hi folks, I am new here, I ride a C90T but I know my wife would never get on here and ask questions pertaining to her bike. That is a 2002 LS650P. I took the trash can off the side of it and put a Dyna muffler on it. It is an OEM muffler baffle in tact. My mechanic at the shop where I bought my Boulevard told me that it does not need to be re-jetted because it is a baffled muffler.The bike starts, runs and idles great but has an ever so slight flat spot at the beginning of the throttle after you shift. He told me to open the idle mixture screw a full turn or I could turn it in till it seats and then back it out 2 1/2 turns. I think I have exceeded that by at least another 1/2 turn. It is better but I am not sure it is cured. My wife is new to riding so it's not like it has to scream. That would undoubtedly just make her afraid of it. However, I do want the thing to go when she needs it to. I am just curious about the whole rejet thing. Some same you have to and many say it is not really needed unless you make fairly radical changes to your bike, like an open muffler or performance air filter, etc... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and ride safe, tuneman

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: rejet after Dyna muffler install.
Reply #1 - 05/01/12 at 02:29:00

More likely to need rejet if you live at or near sea level.... also,... if you want more benefit from the muffler swap, you should add a K/N, or foam air filter,... but you will then be even more likely to need to rejet.

Read here for more info on how to test, and what to do...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1309246277.
Wink....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/01/12 at 03:25:23

Make sure youve got the slack outta the throttle cable, so youre actually opening the carb & not just turning the handle. When I did that, it really changed how it came out of a corner.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
tuneman
YaBB Newbies

And on the eigth day
he created chrome!

Reply #3 - 05/03/12 at 12:43:18

Thanks for the feedback! I live in the NY Finger Lakes around Rochester.
The mechanic at the shop said no rejet and to turn mixture screw in and back out 2 1/2 turns (no more). I am way out past that and the bike is running better but it needs more fuel i think. I am afraid if I go out anymore the screw may vibrate out while riding. Has anyone had experience with that $39 Sigma progressive rejet kit? I am going to wing it, i have never done one before but don't have $200 to drop on it right now to have the shop do it. My wife is getting a bit antsy! lol.... I totally understand that. I appreciate any feedback. i watched a video on youtube of a Ryca rejet and it doesn't look hard. i am a mechanic at work so i think I can pull it off OK. I am just not sure where to start. Thanks again and ride safe!!!  tuneman

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 05/03/12 at 12:51:43

If youre out much past 3 turns, there may not be enough spring pressure to keep it from movong. check & see how it feels, watch it, mark it with white out or a marker & mark the carb for reference spot, if its moving, solve that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 23:33:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rejet after Dyna muffler install.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.