Send Topic Print
Gremlin Bells (Read 186 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Gremlin Bells
04/30/12 at 05:38:26

I was wondering if Gremlin Bells were just a Harley thing or if us Savage owners need help in warding off gremlins too.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Gremlin Bells
Reply #1 - 04/30/12 at 05:46:31

Well,, I cant say if theyre specific to just HD,, but theyre certainly goofy, regardless, but then,, I hate wind chimes, so, my opinion may not be much to consider.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #2 - 04/30/12 at 06:18:05

I personally have one but it has not done much to keep gremlins away.... then again when you ride like I do not much can.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 04/30/12 at 07:09:34

The used 2007 Savage I just bought in New York came with a Gremlin bell installed.  I am afraid to remove it!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #4 - 04/30/12 at 08:03:01

Dave wrote on 04/30/12 at 07:09:34:
The used 2007 Savage I just bought in New York came with a Gremlin bell installed.  I am afraid to remove it!

It's bad luck to ride with someone elses bell. And it's also bad luck to buy your own. Someone has to buy it for you.

My folks are Harley riders  Grin

I ride with one in the shape of a fire hydrant  Cheesy

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/30/12 at 08:08:57

What if they dont repel gremlins at all? What if they are actually a dinner bell for gremlins?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 04/30/12 at 08:20:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/30/12 at 08:08:57:
What if they dont repel gremlins at all? What if they are actually a dinner bell for gremlins?

That's what happens if you buy your own... bad ju-ju...

We had a gremlin bell exchange here a few years ago... so members could buy them for each other...

I have one...  no gremlins on my ride... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #7 - 04/30/12 at 08:23:24

I never did understand how a bell could be so scary. Maybe if it were huge but no the little "ding-a-ling" bells you find. Could just have an air horn going at all times. That might scare them off.

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #8 - 04/30/12 at 09:33:21

I have 2 bikes and 2 bells. They are a nifty and thoughtful gift for a new rider or a good friends. I received the bells from 2 of my closest friends and had them install them. The first on the Savage is a hand grenade and the second on my other bike has the U.S. Navy Standard emblem engraved in it.

One day my roommate and I were riding to St. Louis on the interstate. It started raining as we were on an on ramp. I entered behind a semi and my roommate behind the car behind me. I had a bad vibe of the situation and visibility was p!ss poor from all the spray so I passed while my roommate remained behind. Meanwhile an SUV cam tearing by in the left land the abruptly got over with out signaling in front of the semi cutting it off. The Semi had to hammer on the breaks as did the car behind it. The roommate locked up his rear brake and out of his green skills ending up laying the bike down at about 50-60. He slid off to the side and experienced only minor injuries. (Wearing all his gear mind you!)

However he did not have a bell and I did. I soon got him one after that!

...obviously the bells really don't do anything. Well... not for me. I'm too fast for the road gremlins to hop aboard.  Cool

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #9 - 04/30/12 at 09:33:28

my 96 came with a generic bell on it - i changed it to a more persoanlized themed bell - going to move it over to the new bike - not sure if i am going to replace it for the new owner of the old bike.....I bought ym step son a bell for his scooter - i am a supersticious kind of person by nature so i dont see me riding without a bell.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 04/30/12 at 10:18:41

[quote author=6976717A727E711F0 link=1335789506/0#4 date=1335798181]Dave wrote on 04/30/12 at 07:09:34:
It's bad luck to ride with someone elses bell. And it's also bad luck to buy your own. Someone has to buy it for you.

Ooops.  How do I get this bell removed?  Do I need to get some kind of a Wizard or Tribal Priest to take it off?  Is it OK to give it to someone else to use once it is off?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 04/30/12 at 10:27:18

Gather & bundle some Sage & Lavender, bind it with a fine buffalo tendon.
Bathe in a stream daily & fast for 3 days, ingesting only small quantities of peyote & meditate. After 3 days, the bundle will be dried enough to smolder, but not blaze up. During the meditation, ask for guidance in what words or sounds to use during the dance & bundle burning ceremony. Use the same knife you used to skin your last large animal kill to cut the string holding the bell. Let it drop into a hole youve blessed & lined with fresh Lavender. Bury it, dont touch it. Its best to not even look at it,.

I cant believe you guys dont know this stuff..

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 04/30/12 at 10:50:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/30/12 at 10:27:18:
Gather & bundle some Sage & Lavender, bind it with a fine buffalo tendon.
Bathe in a stream daily & fast for 3 days, ingesting only small quantities of peyote & meditate. After 3 days, the bundle will be dried enough to smolder, but not blaze up. During the meditation, ask for guidance in what words or sounds to use during the dance & bundle burning ceremony. Use the same knife you used to skin your last large animal kill to cut the string holding the bell. Let it drop into a hole youve blessed & lined with fresh Lavender. Bury it, dont touch it. Its best to not even look at it,.

I cant believe you guys dont know this stuff..

How about I just mail it back to her........USPS Express Mail with tracking and insurance!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 04/30/12 at 10:56:10

I guess that would be easier, huhh?

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #14 - 04/30/12 at 11:37:17

To bell or not to bell, that is the question.

I went on a short term mission trip to Thailand and saw many people with bells on their, everything; bikes, book bags, little cab-like things, key rings, doors, etc.  I asked my buddy what they were for and he said some were to keep the bad spirits away (Thailand is a predominatly Buddhist country) and some were to call the good spirits to them.  My question, which he could not answer, "How do they know which bell is which?"  Huh

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 23:24:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gremlin Bells

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.