Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for pic of Ryca seat with stock tank (Read 224 times)
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Looking for pic of Ryca seat with stock tank
04/29/12 at 15:26:20

Im not counting on many people to have a stock tank with their ryca seat....but if ao, i was trying to see a few pictures of what they look like together. I want to install a lot of ryca parts, but am goingto keep the stock tank until i can find a different type of tank to install later on.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Looking for pic of Ryca seat with stock tank
Reply #1 - 04/29/12 at 19:23:55

thomasoconnor19 wrote on 04/29/12 at 15:26:20:
Im not counting on many people to have a stock tank with their ryca seat....but if ao, i was trying to see a few pictures of what they look like together. I want to install a lot of ryca parts, but am goingto keep the stock tank until i can find a different type of tank to install later on.

Why do you want to do this?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/29/12 at 20:08:07

Gyrobob wrote on 04/29/12 at 19:23:55:
thomasoconnor19 wrote on 04/29/12 at 15:26:20:

Why do you want to do this?

The Ryca kit is great and I plan to purchase a lot of it...but I am thinking of looking for an older classic looking tank to use instead of the Ryca tank. I don't like how you have to install that big panel to patch the old speedo location.
So I will ride this season with the stock tank and Ryca parts, then I think in the winter I will start getting a new tank worked up. Just wanted to see if anyone happened to have a pic of this setup.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/30/12 at 08:32:49

I don't have a pic of that setup, but it should be pretty straight forward; the only thing you might run into problems with would be the handlebars hitting the side of the tank, but the RYCA tank is the same width as stock, and mounted in pretty much the same position, just shorter.

I am working with a 1969 Suzuki T350 tank, but we had to cut and re-weld the spine of the frame, then build a custom seat pan for the thing. Although my bike is RYCA inspired, i've ended up using almost none of their parts. I don't know what kind of tank would fit that set-up precisely. Anything you get will require some McGyvering, but I can't wait to see what you come up with!

In progress... this tank is much longer front-to-back, but it does hold 3.5 Gallons! Not the 1.5 or so that the Ryca tank holds...
Build thread in my signature line....

IP Logged
Kyle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

St. Charles, IL
Reply #4 - 04/30/12 at 19:09:01

I plan on doing something similar to my S40. Why? Because I can.

My current plan is to use Ryca for their front fork lowering kit, taller rear shocks, and rear sets. Then I'll go from there - superbike handlebars, bobbed fenders, maybe some new turns, power mods, paint, etc. who knows where it'll end up. That's half the fun.

Ryan and Casey from Ryca saw the potential and are opening up the bike to an even wider market that just those that want a cafe racer. Use their engineering and parts to make something of your own.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/30/12 at 19:58:33

Sounds cool!
I started out thinking I'd use a lot of the RYCA stuff too, but didn't.
Since I was going for a distinctly vintage look, I decided to try to source a lot of vintage parts from Ebay; Vintage Akront rims front and back. NOS Vintage racing shocks, etc. My foot pegs are from a '91 FZR, but they should bolt right on just like the RYCA pegs; they will be mounted to pieces that are welded onto the frame though, rather than the bolt on carriers that RYCA has. They have a really slick solution for a NON welding project, but since we were welding stuff up from the start...
Forks can also be lowered pretty easy without their kit, but I suspect it helps. There's a great blog on Chop-Cult about doing it:
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7129
Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

I have to say; seeing RYCA's new scrambler really makes me drool. If I wasn't so far along in my current project I'd be stealing some new ideas from that thing!
I have to give the RYCA guys a whole lot of credit. I never would have attempted my thing without them; I used most of their ideas and definitely their geometry; the rear wheel, shock length, fork lowering, rearset placement. The fact that these guys posted all of the info on the internet and were totally transparent about their process is really unique to the world today. Cheers to them! Maybe next winter I'l get anothe $200 Savage and build myself a Scrambler!!

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/30/12 at 20:02:13

Here is a quick photoshop job of the stock tank on the CS-1 and the Scrambler. The scale should be pretty accurate.

I really like this new Scrambler seat, especially with the stock tank. With the higher bars (I have drag bars installed already), I think it fits the Scrambler kit very well. Love the tougher looking tires too. I might consider that setup over the CS-1.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/30/12 at 21:11:41

I have to say....
That stock tank on the Scrambler doesn't look as kooky as I thought it would; just makes the scrambler look a little more Harley-ish.
It DEFINITELY doesn't work on the CS-1; not to my eye, but like I said, if you're just going to run it like that until you get another tank on there, then who cares? Just ride the thing!  Grin

IP Logged
Kyle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

St. Charles, IL
Reply #8 - 05/01/12 at 08:09:25

I should add that I don't have any welding skills. Or a welder for that matter... Or know anyone who has one... That's the main reason I'm trying to use all the Ryca parts I can. They're fabbed and ready to bolt on.

The seat is the trickiest part of my plan. I don't want to modify the S40's frame even if it is just minor cutting. I want a scrambler/standard style seat. Any ideas of what I could use or how I could retrofit something to get a similar look?

I'd love to be able to make my own components and have a tank like yours teabowl! Maybe one day...

BTW, I really don't mind the shape of the stock tank. I think it looks good even on the CS1. It does kind of gives it a look like an 883 Iron or 1200 Nightster HD Sportster.

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/03/12 at 11:14:43

The clipons will hit the tank though. Keep that in mind. What you can do though is raise the forks in the triple trees and put the clipons above the top triple clamp.

That is what my brother is doing on his bike with the stock tank currently. It actually looks ok.  It will lower the bike 2 inches also in relation to the forks.

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/04/12 at 07:34:39

Spamy wrote on 05/03/12 at 11:14:43:
The clipons will hit the tank though. Keep that in mind. What you can do though is raise the forks in the triple trees and put the clipons above the top triple clamp.

That is what my brother is doing on his bike with the stock tank currently. It actually looks ok.  It will lower the bike 2 inches also in relation to the forks.

I bought some nice drag bars and they were able to install w/o any risers and look great w/ the stock tank.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:29:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking for pic of Ryca seat with stock tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.