Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
All out custom build starting now!!!! (Read 666 times)
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
All out custom build starting now!!!!
04/28/12 at 21:30:06

I have a 1996 ls 650 current mods are: Jardine slash cut open muffler, lancer 155 main and 55 pilot, had a k&n filter, NOW I HAVE A HUGE RAM AIR!!! all custom fabricated and clean, flush mount directionals.

Lancer is working with me to properly balance this gigantic ram air, which will maximize the engine or at least maxx out the header and exhaust ports. So I will truly get the full potential.

Next week I will have all the new stuff:::: VooDoo custom stretched frame, weld in custom gussetts, custom gas tank with removed speedometer welded to hold more gas, voo doo gusset 6" zbars,6" chrome risers, voo doo custom rear axle vertical license plate holder, ford duo lamp tail light, custom bobed and rolled rear fender, custom  bobbed front fender, painted in custom merlot with flip flop paint, hand stitched solo seat with spider web, extended forks to accomidate the rake, stretched headlight. Well THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP. I WILL POST PICS TOMORROW AND SHOW ALL THE PROGRESS I HAVE PAID FOR EVERYTHING AND AM EXPECTING ALL OF IT THIS WEEK!!!!

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: All out custom build starting now!!!!
Reply #1 - 04/28/12 at 22:58:31

Awaiting pics...

...but,...how do you "stretch" a headlight?...  (I just can't picture this, without seeing Jimmy Durante')...
...and that just can't be right)... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #2 - 04/29/12 at 04:35:11

Sounds killer, man.  Looking forward to seeing it come together.  Especially the wiring harness, as wiring is fast becoming an area I really need to focus on for my own ride....

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 04/29/12 at 06:34:23

This is Joey's bike with the Ram Air setup

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/29/12 at 07:53:00

I dont understand how that rams air.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 04/29/12 at 08:43:15

It doesn't.   I don't think you'd build up very much + pressure even if it was pointed forward.

Just a large air filter set sideways.  

Good for "lowered air filtration resistance" though which is a step in making more power.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #6 - 04/29/12 at 19:37:44

It was called a ram air filter.. i didnt pick the name. anyhow it has massive surface area and a full sized tube going into the carb, so once adjusted properly it will maximize the total potential of the header and exhaust ports. Thus being the most potential out of the engine without boring etc. I already have 155 main jet and 55 pilot. But it isnt enough fuel with that new filter. So Lancer had been helping me alot, seeing as no one has really used a filter that large on a savage, or at least that he or I have seen. I am going up to a 160 or maybe even a 165 main jet.

And the exxciting news is I got the tracking numbers and the majority of my parts will be here wednesday!!!!!! WAHOO.

Oh and for the goofy question: THE STRETCHED HEADLIGHT IS A CUSTOM LIGHT BY A COMPANY THAT FOCUSES ON SUZUKI S40,S50 AND SOME YAMAHA MODELS, AND THEY MAKE A DEEPER CONE HEADLIGHT THAT GIVES IT THAT POP OUT VINTAGE LOOK. IT USES A HARLEY SEALED BEAM. COMPARED TO THE STOCK SAVAGE HEADLIGHT THE STRETCHED VERSION IS 4" DEEPER WITH MORE OF A POINT IN THE BACK,IT REQUIRES DRILLING ONE NEW HOLE IN THE TRIPLE TREE.

I will post up pictures of every single phase... Most important will be the voodoo hardtail stretched raked frame. I am asking Dave from voodoo to make the frame with a few extra degrees of rake and welding in custom spider web gussetts in every possible nook. My seat is a hand stitched red spider web solo seat with a super low profile. I am going for a extremely low, very aggressive, chopper look. I havent decided what I am going to hide my electronics in yet but trust me I am pretty crafty and will find something very funky.  Well here goes. Ill post up the follow up pics of the first stuff thursday. I will be doing the 6" risers, gussett z bars, vertical axle mount license bracket, ford duo tail light, bigger jets, custom gas tank with removed speedo and welded smooth for more fule and clean look, and a few other trinkets!!

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
Georgiadigger

Abandon
"Hope" for
Gods sake?

Rebel from the GA SC line
Reply #7 - 04/29/12 at 20:11:43

Could an air dam be built for the right side of the OEM air box and fairing, to effectfully force air through the stock box with just as good or better results?

Not knocking your set-up Joey. It and your bike is sweet. Just trying to understand ram air and trying to figure out what I want to try on my bike soon.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 04/29/12 at 21:40:56

I was wondering if a half housing could be put on that air filter, to keep air from passing thru front to rear & let the air stack up a bit,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #9 - 04/30/12 at 09:25:30

Serowbot wrote on 04/28/12 at 22:58:31:
Awaiting pics...

...but,...how do you "stretch" a headlight?...  (I just can't picture this, without seeing Jimmy Durante')...
...and that just can't be right)... Grin...

I think this might be the headlight he got...we will have to see  Grin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S40-SAVAGE-LS650-M50-VZ800-MARAUDER-STRETCHED-HEADLIG...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #10 - 04/30/12 at 15:06:10

careful getting as much air as I am now has caused jetting head aches. Id avoid getting more air than I have until I see what jet I end up with and how she runs.. not sure what the out come will be yet...

IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #11 - 04/30/12 at 19:38:41

Oh and yes that is the exact headlight I was referring to. I love the "stretched" look. I got the little slip in my post office box letting me know that there is some boxes that are oversized!!! yahoo!! that means I got some goodies waiting for me. Ill install what ever is there tomorrow and post pics as soon as she is done.

IP Logged
2stroketim
YaBB Newbies

Reply #12 - 05/01/12 at 07:32:03

I did the same air filter mod - not too bad, but changed it to a cone and I am awaiting some different jets.  More air flow was causing some backfire issues under a loaded decel, and a small release of air after cutting the power, kinda like a little fart from the exhaust.  Are you having the same issue?

Courious to see how this build comes out, as I am debating whether or not to get the new frame from VooDoo...

ThumpThump
  IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #13 - 05/01/12 at 16:26:59

I GOT THE BIKE TO RUN MINT!!!!!!! THANKS LANCER IT WAS THE 160 MAIN JET!!!!! FOR YOU ABOVE IF YOU STILL HAVE THAT SAME FILTER THROW IN A 160 MAIN JET WITH A 55 PILOT AT 3 TURNS ON THE AIR MITURE. mY BIKE IS RUNNING LIKE A RAPED APE!!! I CANT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE. IT BOOGIES!!!!

TOMORROW ILL HAVE THE MAIN PARTS AND START THE VISUAL CHANGES IM SIKED TO SEE HER MORF INTO THE NEW CREATURE

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #14 - 05/02/12 at 16:38:53

DID YOU KNOW THAT WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE YELLING?!

Sheesh...

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:12:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › All out custom build starting now!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.