Send Topic Print
New S40 in the family (Read 48 times)
nuster
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New S40 in the family
04/28/12 at 17:57:32

Brought home the 2012 S40 my daughter bought. The idle was way too low. Got home with 31 miles on it. Clutch cable too tight, absolutely no slack. So I loosened the cable. I have a little rattling slack in it now. And I turned the idle stop screw in 3 times while riding around today. Went more than a half a turn, less than a full turn. Sounds better and will now pop when rolling off hard or turning off. After the 600 service I will remove the brass plug and open the air mixture scew. Added about a third off a quart of Rislone ZDDP additive I found at O'riely. The web page
says adding 1 qt to 4 qts of SM rated oil will bring the average to 1200ppm. So I will use it to boost my first 2 oil changes. Just picked up the oil for my first change, some where around 150 miles. AutoZone had 10w40 Valvoline MC oil on sale for 2.99 a quart. Will add what needs extra with the Rislone product. Ordered 2 OEM filters off Ebay tonight. A freind is letting my daughter use a conventional clutch/transmission quad tommorow. She has never used a clutch so anything to try the clutch and shifting on 4 wheels. In a month she takes 20 hours of MSF training on a Honda Rebel. If she passes the course this satisfies the state riding exam. I may let her try start off, shift to second, stop and shift to first in a straight line in an empty parking lot a few times prior to the MSF. 30 years ago I taught my wife to ride on a BSA 441 round barrel Victor thumper. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Thank you all so much for this forum

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: New S40 in the family
Reply #1 - 04/28/12 at 18:24:47

Sounds like you're being very careful and protective of your girl...
Good!...

My advice,... be careful of your girl... Wink...

Best wishes,.. and welcome...
... and hey!...  tell her to say hi, too...  Smiley...
We don't bite... ('cause we can't)...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:27:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40 in the family

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.