Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You mean i have control over this?! (Read 254 times)
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
You mean i have control over this?!
04/28/12 at 16:37:18

So I finally got my Superbrace put on this weekend when I went to see my folks. My dad has a bike jack and since you kinda need to lift the front to install it properly that was the way to do it. The difference in handling is SO much better. It really stiffened up the front and made for a much more relaxing highway high wind ride back home.

But, while the brace did help, I'm still getting a significant wobble in speedy bends. I can fight it a bit but it still wobbles, I'm talking like 50 in a slow bend. Any ideas as to why the bike may be acting like this? About how fast would some of you say you can cruise through twisties?

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: You mean i have control over this?!
Reply #1 - 04/28/12 at 16:45:52

How old are your tires?... what brand?... they got air in them?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/28/12 at 17:43:33

Pre Brace, mine wobbled & felt sloppy thru the day,, every day, POst brace, quick turns were much improved, but the long sweepers still had it ridding like drunk rubber cow, wallowing this way & that thu curves, tho, I can get 60+ in one I hit regularly, but the wallowing & handlebar swinging is un nerving & I ease off..

Tighten the shocks to the tightest setting.
Every time the shocks compress, the rake angle changes & the steering input to track a line changes, its trying to go thru the turn, but the fork/chassis angle required to track a line changes with every suspension change, its got the rake out there & its just a handful,
Ohh,, & sit as close to the tank as you can,,
Dont fight the handlebars too much,,slow down, & if the road has any noticeable humps & low points, try to pick a line to dodge them,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/28/12 at 17:50:02

Not sure if you'd want to go this route, but the RYCA guys have a pretty good method for lowering the front forks; it'll stiffen things up a little more and tighten the steering up by reducing the rake. It's fairly easy to do. You can also stiffen the front forks by adding pre-load spacers on top of the springs. There are articles on all of that in the tech section, but if you don't find them there, let me know and I will track down the links.
I've been doing all of the above to my Roadster Project...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 04/28/12 at 18:30:01

vineman wrote on 04/28/12 at 16:37:18:
So I finally got my Superbrace put on this weekend when I went to see my folks. My dad has a bike jack and since you kinda need to lift the front to install it properly that was the way to do it. The difference in handling is SO much better. It really stiffened up the front and made for a much more relaxing highway high wind ride back home.

But, while the brace did help, I'm still getting a significant wobble in speedy bends. I can fight it a bit but it still wobbles, I'm talking like 50 in a slow bend. Any ideas as to why the bike may be acting like this? About how fast would some of you say you can cruise through twisties?

The stock tires aren't very stable.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/28/12 at 19:18:12

The stock tires aren't very stable.

I know its a young century to date, but, thats the understatement of the century so far.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #6 - 04/28/12 at 19:22:30

I put on my Superbrace without raising the front forks.. guess I'm just a tough guy on a motorcycle... I'm gonna start weight lifting soon and I get drunk off of pure petrol, baby...

Smiley

IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #7 - 04/29/12 at 05:03:32

Ya I am running the stock tires and I was planning on getting new ones this next month. Any recommendations for tight cornering?

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 04/29/12 at 05:27:03

Pirelli 66 route made mine really handle and improved the ride over bumps.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #9 - 04/29/12 at 06:50:36

Metzeler ME880 are pretty good, there's an off ramp on the freeway that I take and I used to be nervous cause it was so patchy with holes that I would wobble with my stock tires and superbrace, but the ME880s have such strong sidewalls I zoom right over it now..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 04/29/12 at 07:50:46

How many miles you think youll put on it in a year?

IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #11 - 04/29/12 at 10:58:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/29/12 at 07:50:46:
How many miles you think youll put on it in a year?

I tend to average about 3k-4k a year. I guess longevity would be a good thing to balance with performance ha  Tongue

IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #12 - 04/29/12 at 11:12:24

When ordering tires do I need to get tube specific ones or will tubeless tires work just fine with tubes?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 04/29/12 at 11:14:10

tubeless tires work.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 04/29/12 at 11:19:45

Consider the Dunlop 140/90/15.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:15:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › You mean i have control over this?!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.