Send Topic Print
tranny question.... (Read 151 times)
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: tranny question....
Reply #15 - 04/26/12 at 18:15:04

I have a '94; last year of the 4 speed, and I just got the parts to fix the starter gear issue for $100. See this link.... (if you haven't already...)

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1288911670/0

Even this I don't think would prevent me from buying a 4 speed; most of those bikes ran fine for ages without the gear issue; but it's such a quick and easy fix, and inexpensive, that I decided I might as well while the bike is down.

A lot of guys here LIKE the 4 speed BETTER than the 5 speeds. It's a matter of taste, but with a motor that has a whole whomp of torque rather than a bunch of top speed, it makes sense. There's plenty of power for the gears, and you're shifting less while riding more.

Besides; $650 is a pretty great price, especially now in the Spring. I got my bike last Fall for $250 (it was a special deal friend-of-a-friend thing...) but saw several listed around $500-$800 that people were just getting rid of. Lately, I haven't seen any under $1000.

Check out my build thread in the signature line below... RYCA-esque, but not RYCA...

IP Logged
beatup86
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: tranny question....
Reply #16 - 04/27/12 at 05:47:43

word and word. precher mike be expecting an email from me today at some point got a few questions. just realized my wife made a mistake with finances so i dont have all the money for a bike now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:24:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tranny question....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.