sold the old (Read 133 times)
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
sold the old
04/25/12 at 08:00:04

well i sold the 96 savage to a local buyer (for more than I paid for it) - 13830 miles had 6913 with i bought it in May 2010 - fixed the head plug leak, put the upgraded cam chain tensioner on it, upgraded jets and tuned carb, replaced the stock exhaust with a Jardine, new tires, upgraded to the raptor petcock - put Routy's 6" FC's on it - changed the air filter - did oil/filter changes every 1500 miles and ran 4 cans of seafoam through it while i had it.......I loved it learned a lot about riding while I had it - great beginner bike - now i have a bigger beginner bike and about all the bike/power i want with the new to me 03 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I plan to keep visiting here for basic MC maintance/riding advice since everyone here is so cool and helpful.

thanks to everyone who helped me with all my tech questions, parts tips and tuning help.  

« Last Edit: 04/25/12 at 16:17:05 by weracerc »  

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: sold the old
Reply #1 - 04/25/12 at 08:32:18

Somebody got a well maintained Savage,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Reply #2 - 04/25/12 at 12:23:33

If you were trying to exactly double the miles it had when you got it, you missed by four!

Tell us more about the Shadow you got.  Very nice bikes from what I hear.  I've been thinking about a Shadow RS for a little more upright riding position.

2007 S40 (Supertrapp, 6" Ed. L forward controls, K&N, & some other stuff)
  IP Logged
scottnj

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the 'Nati, OH
Reply #3 - 04/25/12 at 12:52:56

So now I see the pic of your new ride as your avatar. Very nice! Actually looks like an S40 in a lot of ways (except engine, obviously). Nice looking pipes on it!

2007 S40 (Supertrapp, 6" Ed. L forward controls, K&N, & some other stuff)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 04/25/12 at 15:13:02

scottnj wrote on 04/25/12 at 12:23:33:
If you were trying to exactly double the miles it had when you got it, you missed by four!

Tell us more about the Shadow you got.  Very nice bikes from what I hear.  I've been thinking about a Shadow RS for a little more upright riding position.

+1 If I was to buy a new bike it would be the Shadow RS ,I like the riding position and with the chain drive it could be geared higher for a relaxed cruising.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #5 - 04/25/12 at 16:15:47

the 03 has 13423 when i got it last monday 16th - have put 250 on it since changed the plugs back to NGK 8-9's in it per factory original (previous owner had only changed the two obvious plugs and put champions in it!) - changed the air filter it was the factory original and was full of crud - she was coughing and gagging in cold temps ran fine in 85F the day i got her - now she runs fine in the cool mornings with a tad of choke - i also upped the idle a tick. - The tank has some rust in it and the aluminum is a tad pitted - the bike lived in FL and sat for 2yr before i got it. - tires are good bridgestone front not sure what is on the back - also has a huge memphis shades windshield that i will be using in the winter. Planning to clean out the tank shortly and change the fuel filter after i get the rust out of the tank - the pipes are cobras and she sounds AWESOME! Not planning to do much to it other than maintenance i like everything about her the way she is. Any tech tips or other helpful hints please pass them on. I am in Oregon this week and i miss her very much cant wait to get home and go for a ride!

p.s. wifey even likes this bike, says i dont look so much like a monkey humping a football on the bigger bike....... Shocked Undecided

p.s. if anyone has any idea why/what for there is a toggle switch on the panel behind the right side chrome trim box i sure would like to know.

« Last Edit: 04/26/12 at 05:25:59 by weracerc »  

</div
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #6 - 04/26/12 at 04:22:31

Extra "Kill" switch as a theft deterrent ?  Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 04/26/12 at 05:22:37

It activates the Self Destruct mechanism,, that thing has secret military hardware buried up in there..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #8 - 04/26/12 at 05:35:30

great - could actually be an ejector seat switch - not planning to touch it until i have to take stuff off around it to trace the wires......not going to end up like this:

</div
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 11:26:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › sold the old

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.