Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blew up my uki (Read 163 times)
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Blew up my uki
04/23/12 at 05:10:02

We were somewhere between 90 and 100 and poof!  Going down 50 in Ohio.  Sudden jerk, little wobble and nothing.  We were laughing our asses off.  No worries.  Haven't had a chance to take the top end down yet. The owner loaned me a softail to ride till i get my uki up and running.  So does anyone know the part number to the weisco piston and cam chain?  Luckily I work and a multi line dealer.  Athens Harley Davidson is also a Kawasaki, suzuki, Ktm dealer.  So this won't hurt so bad.  I've been meaning to find that tick in the top end anyway.  No worries!  This is the fun part!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Blew up my uki
Reply #1 - 04/23/12 at 05:27:00

What is it acting like now? Turn over? Sound like someone dumped marbles in it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/23/12 at 06:21:30

Starter turns...nothing else does.  I know I lost my cam chain but I also know something else locked up.  We ll find out when I tear her down.  I'm looking forward to a total tear down.  Guy at work is going to port and polish the head if its salvageable.  Truth is everyone stopped at looked at the uki because it was so freaky looking but...ive been wanting to powdercoat the chassis and build a different wire harness anyway.  Guy at work has a super nice looking project with an oil tank to hide his electronics.  Gave me some motivation to finish her up.  That and blowing up the motor of course.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/23/12 at 07:31:52

Well,, keep us posted,, take pics of the autopsy. Drain all the oil first, please,, I just hate the sight of oil,,

No,, wait,, thats Blood,, I hate the sight of blood,, oils okay,,
what was I thinking?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 04/23/12 at 09:59:52

So glad it happened to you...  (What a cruel think to say)...

I mean in the sense that, you held it together and didn't crash,... you're a mechanic,... you have great friends willing to help,... and you work at a dealer...
... and a fun, positive attitude... Wink...

Look forward to pics of the rebirth of yer' 'uki...
Peace, ride safe... Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 04/23/12 at 19:14:09

My first rebuild with extra mod's followed a seizure on the highway; result of massive oil loss due to something knocking a hole in the bottom of the case.  The original Stage 1 camshaft was one of the items, along with a used Edelbrock Quicksilver carb.

By the way, Wiseco will only make the 97mm size piston on a special order basis with a minimum of 4 required for the order.
On the Wiseco website you have to look up pistons for the 90-95 DR650

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 04/26/12 at 04:40:55

ebonysresearch wrote on 04/23/12 at 05:10:02:
 Luckily I work and a multi line dealer.  Athens Harley Davidson is also a Kawasaki, suzuki, Ktm dealer.  So this won't hurt so bad.

With your connections.......Do you have any access to the new take-off mufflers from Dynas?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:23:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blew up my uki

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.