Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Toolbox Cover Lost, make one yourself. (Read 327 times)
stamper
YaBB Newbies

Savage Thumpin'

Managua
Toolbox Cover Lost, make one yourself.
04/22/12 at 18:41:48

-First, many thanks for this forum. The best info on the S40 in this solar system.  
-I bought a 2006 S40 in Miami and imported it to Nicaragua were I live. It seems that it is the only one in the country and there are no spareparts around.
-The tool box cover was missing and I checked the internet. Expensive, are they made from gold? Transport to Nicaragua ridiculous expensive!! I decided to make one and fiddled with a carton gift box to get the size right. (Black box on the picture) The final one (light brown) is made from 4mm PP sheet but PE or PVC will do as well. I suppose that plywood can also be used. PE and PP you have to weld, PVC and wood you can glue. The cabinet latch (pictured) hooks behind an L shape piece of PP that is fixed with the screw next to the battery case. (pictured)   Sizes are in centimeters. The nail is hard steel. After spray painting with fake crome, I will post the final result. The green primer is now drying. If you use PP or PE you have to score the surface with rough sandpaper to let the paint primer stick.  
-Hope you do not loose your toolbox cover but if so…. Good Luck
Greetings from sunny Managua

IP Logged
stamper
YaBB Newbies

Savage Thumpin'

Managua
Re: Toolbox Cover Lost, make one yourself.
Reply #1 - 05/15/12 at 20:53:51

Dear Forum,

Finally the toolbox cover is finished with fake chrome paint.

Also a picture of the bike with the cover fitted.
Saddle pad, saddle bags (from the local saddle maker) HID bulb,
No-brand taillights (2), No-brand back indicators, RPM counter, Voltmeter, Oil temp gauge, MP3 player.

Wish you good summer

Stamper

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 22:41:08

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Toolbox Cover Lost, make one yourself.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.