Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lesson learned: Supertrapp does not fit Ryca (Read 147 times)
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Lesson learned: Supertrapp does not fit Ryca
04/21/12 at 15:39:22

I ordered a Supertrapp performance exhaust for the Savage/S40 from JCMotors (ebay) hoping to replace the Ryca kit-supplied EMGO Shorty with a noise-tunable muffler proven to increase HP (at least, some). It did not fit. The exhaust is rail-mounted but the rail is located farther to the rear than with the EMGO (it's a longer muffler) and the mount interferes with the Ryca kit-supplied rear brake rod.

Rolled 4000 miles on my Ryca today. It's a lot of fun and gets a lot of comments.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Lesson learned: Supertrapp does not fit Ryca
Reply #1 - 04/21/12 at 17:14:11

There is always a way to make something fit. If you posted pics I'd like to try and help.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/22/12 at 09:43:35

I had to shorten the header about an inch to get mine on & I dont have the Ryca. I exploded my battery with sparks from the cut off grinder. Be careful around that vent tube.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #3 - 04/22/12 at 14:18:24

I have a supertrap on mine. Had it before the conversion. I did not reduce the header pipe length and I kept the original muffler hanger on the bike with a minor mod. I cut it in half and bent it out. Gets the job done.

IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

From Seattle, now in Savannah.
Reply #4 - 04/22/12 at 15:13:52

s40fan wrote on 04/22/12 at 14:18:24:
I have a supertrap on mine. Had it before the conversion. I did not reduce the header pipe length and I kept the original muffler hanger on the bike with a minor mod. I cut it in half and bent it out. Gets the job done.

Can you post a pic of your setup?  Cheers, I have a shorty suPertrapp too.

WWW   IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/22/12 at 19:00:30

I just searched Ebay, and I think I found he listing you are referring too.
The one pictured (which of course may not be the actual pipe) looks way too long for sure, but Supertrapp makes a lot of different pipes in a variety of sizes. If you DON'T search for Suzuki Savage, but look instead for their shorter series pipes, and just find the right inlet diameter, I am sure they make one that will work for you.

Please Post pictures!

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/22/12 at 19:13:28

Something such as this should work fine; as long as you find the right inlet diameter: since multitudes of these are made for harley's and the DYNA pipes are a direct fit, look for a Supertrapp that fits a DYNA ...

(I did NOT check to see if this particular one is the right size!!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/412-17500-SUPERTRAPP-4-ALUMINUM-RACING-SERIES-MUFFLER...

IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

From Seattle, now in Savannah.
Reply #7 - 04/23/12 at 11:30:10

teabowl13 wrote on 04/22/12 at 19:13:28:
Something such as this should work fine; as long as you find the right inlet diameter: since multitudes of these are made for harley's and the DYNA pipes are a direct fit, look for a Supertrapp that fits a DYNA ...

(I did NOT check to see if this particular one is the right size!!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/412-17500-SUPERTRAPP-4-ALUMINUM-RACING-SERIES-MUFFLER...

Ya that's the one I have.  Would love closeups of the installation.  On the RYCA site, another guy ("California" in the customer builds gallery) has the same one, but, no detailed closeup.

WWW   IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #8 - 04/25/12 at 06:58:47

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I quickly returned the item for a refund as it was expensive ($340)  and I didn't want to be hacking on it in the hopes that it would work. It had to be bolt-on or nothing, and it wasn't bolt-on. I expect if the Ryca kit had keep the stock exhaust bracket that it would have fit straightforward, but the kit deletes the bracket. The kit's new mounting strap/location made that model of the Supertrapp  ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/370524141513?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m...  ) a project to mount. That was the point I was making.

« Last Edit: 04/25/12 at 17:54:48 by BuckRYCA »  

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 04/25/12 at 07:07:01

Changing the mount does change things a bit,, certainly one of those things that needs p[ut out right up front.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:27:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lesson learned: Supertrapp does not fit Ryca

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.