Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Raptor Petcock Mod. Warehouse Goof-up. (Read 67 times)
locomotiveman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota USA
Raptor Petcock Mod. Warehouse Goof-up.
04/18/12 at 12:32:53

I thought I got the Raptor 660 Petcock from local Yamaha Dealer. It wasn't exactly like Pics here in PetcockForum. It works A-OK, however it had no length from the tank's rubber surface seal to the Petcock lever body itself....requiring me to ever-so-gently bend the tank's welded flange outward to accomodate the shorter Petcock body.
Turns out I just now got a phone call....from the PartsWarehouse in Chicago?? They improperly packaged it...I have the Raptor 350. Ha!!
ps It works just fine...tight seal etc etc. Anybody's comments appreciated. Locomotiveman

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Raptor Petcock Mod. Warehouse Goof-up.
Reply #1 - 04/18/12 at 13:15:37

I had one of those earlier...  Shorter stalk, and the output nipple is a size smaller, but,... if you can get a hose to fit secure, it'll do just dandy...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
locomotiveman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota USA
Re: Raptor Petcock Mod. Warehouse Goof-up.
Reply #2 - 04/18/12 at 13:49:11

Serowbot,
Yeah...agreed. I used Stainless 'real' hose clamps to accomodate the nipple. Plus, I got a free Raptor 660 Petcock out of the deal. A nice dealer.."sorry about that", huh? Motorsports of WillmarMN, thanks.
Anybody thinking of changing over their vacuum-assist Petcock? Do it. I noticed the difference in the first Run-up to 80mph. It's a great little bike....even better with 'tweeks' from this Forum. Thanks folks. Locomotiveman

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 21:36:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor Petcock Mod. Warehouse Goof-up.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.