Send Topic Print
S40 Tachometer (Read 179 times)
Cookie1247
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

S40 Tachometer
04/13/12 at 05:52:15

I would like to add an aftermarket tachometer to my 2006 S40 LS650.  I was told by one vendor that they did not know how to adapt an electronic tach to a single cylinder engine.  Some tachs say that an electronic adapter is needed for "single-fire" ignition.  Is that the same as a single cylinder?  It looks like installation should be as simple as connecting to the trigger circuit on the coil.  Any suggestions?  
Thanks!

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: S40 Tachometer
Reply #1 - 04/13/12 at 07:11:01

single fire is not the same as single cylinder.

We've had a number of these kind of topics recently on the forum, all your answers are in those topics.

Please use the search function (try "single fire" or "tachometer") on the tabs above (not the google search box) to find one of those topics and post in them if you have questions.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 04/13/12 at 07:49:44

The search function doesn't work properly. I've tried. Only seems to show threads that are up to a few months old.

Case in point: I tried searching for "chain conversion" and the only thread that came up was this:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1327331741

After skimming through threads manually I found this:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1174239333

I thought it may have missed it since "conversion" was spelled wrong but even when searching for "chain coversion" the search comes up with nothing.

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #3 - 04/13/12 at 11:23:29

https://picasaweb.google.com/112952642957603261347/SSSearch?authuser=0&feat=d...

check out the three pictures in that album, it shows you how to set up the search function to find posts more than a week old.

There is a drop down menu that allows you to select the max age of the posts you wish to search through and the default is a week, which won't get you much. I also typically opt to check the box to show only one result per topic, just to cut down on duplicates.

So, the search DOES work, you just have to know how to use it.

Happy hunting.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 04/13/12 at 12:59:59

You said "up to a few months old" so you must be changing the search criteria.  Maybe just search for "tach" instead of tachometer as many don't spell it out completely.  You will definitely get more results.  And if you limit the search to "Rubberside Down", the search will run faster.  You can search the other sections individually if you don't find what you want.  When I do a search, I usually right click a result, and open in a new window because if its not a useful thread, it never seems to go "back" to the results correctly.  Opening in a new window makes it easier to close and look at a different one.  Good luck!    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 04/13/12 at 23:27:32

I was just using the search bar at the top right, under the logo. I'll use the full-on search function next time. Could someone edit the misspelled title of that one chain conversion thread, though? I think that would be helpful for lots of n00bs like myself.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 04/16/12 at 11:10:13

Cavi Mike wrote on 04/13/12 at 23:27:32:
I was just using the search bar at the top right, under the logo. I'll use the full-on search function next time. Could someone edit the misspelled title of that one chain conversion thread, though? I think that would be helpful for lots of n00bs like myself.

Yeah, I find that Google search field at the top is misleading and doesn't work as well as the regular site search does.  Try clicking on the Search tab and play with that a bit.  Once you get the hang of it, it works pretty well.  The one at the top right that you used is the site search but without the options you get from the tab.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Cookie1247
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/18/12 at 13:26:07

I searched more and found that the LS650 is a dual fire ignition.  Bought the tach and installed it.  No problems!  Works great!
Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:31:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 Tachometer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.