Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where to place my jack? (Read 83 times)
MarkHB

Go for it!

Ottawa, Canada
Where to place my jack?
04/12/12 at 19:18:59

I've tried using this site's search and have browsed the technical reference section and found no answer, so forgive me if I've missed something. I've also looked through my shop manual to no avail.

I've got a motorcycle/atv jack (http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/0091015P/motomaster-motomaster-1-500-lb-m...) and I don't know where to locate it on my 2007 S40 to lift the whole thing off the ground. The points of contact with the bike are 2.25" wide, 9.5" centre-on-centre. I'm finding it difficult to place the jack without the exhaust making contact with the jack; I don't want the exhaust bearing weight, obviously.

Any advice out there?

Stock White 2007 S40
Raptor petcock
1/2 white spacer
  IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Re: Where to place my jack?
Reply #1 - 04/12/12 at 19:22:44

jack it up on the frame and strap it to the lift... or 2x4 blocks and straps Grin

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/12/12 at 23:57:53

I put my jack under from the side stand side, with the lift arms stopping just short of the muffler after going under the bike.

You have to put the front jack pad just short of the side stand which puts the other jack pad off under the swing arm.   But you can find a neutral lift position back there with a little hunting and fiddling (mine rests on the California charcoal canister).   Some add a piece of board to go from solid to solid so the jack lift arm in the back has something to hit because a lot of bikes don't have that California canister on them.

Key thing is once you get the bike up in the air you have to rope it to the jack stand in two places per side to keep it from falling off the jack stand.  

I use the foot pegs and the buddy pegs on each side for my tie down spots and I leave the jack about a half inch from "full up" when I tie it down then I use the jack itself to tighten up the ropes by lifting it some more.

Warning:   your jack stand has wheels and you will attempt to roll the bike around eventually.   If it isn't tied down to the jack stand it will tip over .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 04/13/12 at 03:42:08

I have the same jack. I lift it with the jack under the frame at the front and the exhaust bracket at the rear.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 03:53:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where to place my jack?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.