Cable vendor? (Read 55 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Cable vendor?
04/09/12 at 09:53:47

Just saw this vendor posted on another MC forum and wondered if anyone had used them before? Also, according to the specs, does anyone know if these "universal" cable kits would have the correct fittings to work on our bikes?  Huh

Venhill Universal Motorcycle Throttle Cable Kit
http://www.venhillusa.com/Universal-Cable-Kits/Venhill-Universal-Motorcycle-T...

Venhill Universal Motorcycle Clutch Cable Kit
http://www.venhillusa.com/Universal-Cable-Kits/Venhill-Universal-Motorcycle-C...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Cable vendor?
Reply #1 - 04/09/12 at 10:49:33

eyeballing both of them they look like they might work. They have the right shapes on the right ends anyways, though the throttle cable might need a second one of those little brass adapters to match the stock carb.

4.4 feet is a looooong cable. I think my cable from barnett clutches was 36" of casing and maybe another 4" or 5" of cable. Tack on another foot and you've got room to spare.

good find. I'd be interested in learning if they really work beyond the eyeball test.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Cable vendor?
Reply #2 - 04/10/12 at 05:08:20

I guess this assumes you re-use the 90º elbows on the ends of the throttle. And that you have the tool you'd need to cut the sheathing without leaving frayed ends that would rub against the cable.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 01:54:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cable vendor?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.