Send Topic Print
Brake rotor (Read 110 times)
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Brake rotor
04/07/12 at 13:55:39

Hey, I was looking at random parts on eBay and came across this little gem but it has me being skeptical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-LS650-LS-650-Savage-front-disc-brake-rotor-/31...

I've always wanted to have a drilled rotor on my bike cuz i think they just look so cool and plus I'd like to have the ability to put a rotor bike lock on for that added security but although he says its from a 97' It looks nothing like the rotors I've seen on our bikes. So, i thought I'd post it and see if anyone could confirm that it has the right bolt pattern and looks to be a fitting match.

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Brake rotor
Reply #1 - 04/07/12 at 14:01:00

Nothing there for scale, but it looks too big to me..
Contact seller & ask for a diameter measurement?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/07/12 at 14:31:49

vineman wrote on 04/07/12 at 13:55:39:
It looks nothing like the rotors I've seen on our bikes. So, i thought I'd post it and see if anyone could confirm that it has the right bolt pattern and looks to be a fitting match.

absolutely right, this happens many times.  can be the wrong pic or the wrong part, it don't matter, don't buy it.

If you want a drilled rotor...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1327803868

WWW   IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #3 - 04/08/12 at 12:11:53

The LS-650 rotor uses four mounting holes. The one in the original photo has six. Besides, the bolt circle diameter, bolt hole size, center hole size, overall dimeter, thickness and offset vary from bike to bike, manufacturer to manufacturer.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 04/08/12 at 12:18:17

If you drilled that many holes in our rotor, there wouldn't be anything left...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/09/12 at 11:44:18

That's an awfully pretty rotor, but it sure doesn't have anything to do with a Suzuki Savage.

I looked at all sorts of options for the rotor on my Savage project, and I sent mine out to Verslavy to have him drill my stock rotor. IT'S AMAZING! I can't say enough good things about the rotor and how good it looks and how well the work was done. Super fast turn around time, and very reasonably priced. Get ahold of him... you won't be disappointed!!

(And if you haven't already, do like I did and send him your cam chain tensioner with it!!)  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:21:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brake rotor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.