Send Topic Print
Gee, that was easy. (Read 269 times)
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Gee, that was easy.
Reply #15 - 04/08/12 at 19:18:53

If your spray paint runs, you're putting on too heavy of a coat at once. Back off about a foot, move the can quickly and apply several light coats.

I only saw the Rustoleum bed liner paint in black. That doesn't mean there aren't other colors.

When I paint chrome -- particularly rusted/pitted chrome -- I go over it with a brass brush wheel. It removes most of the corrosion and lightly scratches the surface, giving primer something to grab onto.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #16 - 04/08/12 at 20:54:45

Thanks for the info.  Smiley

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 04/09/12 at 05:17:31

Not bad.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a pre-WW2 Schwinn-Henderson. I wish parts were as cheap as they are for Savages. The chain alone is over $380... skiptooth. They haven't been in use since the early 1950s. Bike has been in the barn since 1958, it's kinda ratty (rusty, crusty, leather seat rotten, seat pan rotten, chrome gone, etc). Had the wheels relaced with stainless spokes, cost over $200.

Maybe I'll play with it today, home sick (ate at Chilis, apparently they use msg still).

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 04/09/12 at 07:48:06

We did Cheddars yesterday, Had the Vegetable PLate,,I didnt feel bad after! Ill be going back..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 04/09/12 at 14:45:06

WD, check out the photos on this site.

Jim's vintage Schwinn Bicycle information

www.jims59.com/vintageschwinns/

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 04/09/12 at 16:14:10

Thanks, always looking for other sources of info. I'm on the Rat Rod Bikes site, leaning toward making mine a rider grade, other than the dweebs on American Pickers there isn't much market for the middleweights. At least around here.

Also rebuilding two early Schwinn Suburban 10 speeds (matched pair, his and hers) and an old Firestone beach cruiser.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #21 - 04/09/12 at 17:31:47

Pretty cool those bikes of yours.  Smiley

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #22 - 04/12/12 at 15:09:07

Finished for now. Time to ride.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 04/12/12 at 15:29:48

Motobudda, did you ever finish your Rycas?    

Will be passing by your area June 23 on the way to the mountains, thought I'd mebbe meet you somewhere around I-85 north stretch if you wanted to say hello and let me have an eyeful.

Or better yet, you are invited to this years Dragon run, we even have a bed for you (if you speak up soon, anyway).  Dates for the run will be Monday to Monday,  June 25 through June 1st.

(Cafe, sticky thread up top,  2012 Dragon run)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 04/12/12 at 18:19:43

Toe traps, man,, you need toe traps,, my bike riding improved incredibly when I got some, Go further & faster by being able to unload the muscles you use now & use "the ones on the Other side", YOu can push down with one & lift with the other a while, then swap,, & your legs will be more symmetrical. I had a 30 inch waist, but 28 inch thighs when I was in my mid/ late twenties, ..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #25 - 04/13/12 at 13:23:35

Traps aren't necessary for the kind of riding I do. In fact, they could be a hazard when riding around town. (Notice the slick tires. This is a city bike, not an off-roader.) Many have been the times I've been in the car, the light turns green, and a cyclist in front of me is rolling slowly and wobbling while he tries to get his foot in the trap or click his cleat into place. And then there are those who tip over when coming to a stop because their foot is caught on the pedal. When I'm in the saddle, I want to be able to get my foot on and off the pedal as quickly as possible. Power on the up stroke is not a concern.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
MarkHB

Go for it!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #26 - 04/13/12 at 19:15:21

When Starting from a light, I use the pedal upside down (cage on the road side of the pedal) until I'm clear of the intersection and have some momentum to balance with. Then I flip the pedal over and go. Getting out of the cage is easy if you keep it adjusted wide open.

Stock White 2007 S40
Raptor petcock
1/2 white spacer
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 04/13/12 at 19:44:59

I only had a problem one time with mine,, & BOY did it get Ugg Leee,,
I kept them adjusted so I could get out, well,, all but one time,, coff, coff,, I rode in town, raced traffic, & until youve had power on the upstroke & the ability to lift w/ one side & push down on the other for a few strokes, then change to the other side & see the difference that makes in how long a guy can make good speed, you, well,, ya just wont know,,I wo0uldnt have ever guessed the difference it made in how far I could ride & how fast I could get across town,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 11:20:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gee, that was easy.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.