Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Gas tank dent removal? (Read 307 times)
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gas tank dent removal?
Reply #30 - 04/07/12 at 12:05:24

With that said, Ding Kings generally don't work.. It will pull it out and wont be as deep, but it isn't going to snap back in place. The price to get the dent banged out and re-painted might be worth going for a new tank anyways. Though, if you are getting her bobbed, Lowbrow has some pretty gnarly tanks for cheap. I've seen the sporty tank mod and it looks nice on the savage.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=95

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #31 - 04/07/12 at 15:08:34

x1karr0usx wrote on 04/07/12 at 07:36:23:
Also, a little tick with the Ding King.... Whether it works or not, take it back and say it didn't work lol.

I got t-boned in my first car and got a big check to cover the damages (nothing more than a dent in the rear door). Gotta loved getting hit by rich people who want to avoid their insurance company lol. Bought a Ding King at Walmart, popped the dent, and took it back.. Put that check to a new Les Paul and a Marshall half stack. Jackpot!

Cool

lol? really?

I gotta back up JOG on this one.  If you do things like that, it's not something to brag about.  

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #32 - 04/07/12 at 17:03:31

I would never use bondo, ever... there is no "lip" to the dent that I can feel, but I'm inexperienced... any pic I take highlights the chipped paint and makes it appear that there is... I'm just gonna find a new tank shell and swap stuff over and call it a day, and work on fixing the old one... It'll be a fun lil project.. I can't have the guys at my work pokin fun at my ride, especially when they won't even go for pink slips Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 04/07/12 at 18:05:36

Why would ya not use Bondo? PLastic body fillers are Far better than what they used to be, I built up an area on a Mack cabover over a headlight & used a welding rod for RE-bar. It went down those oil field roads for 6 years & never cracked, Nothin wrong with Bondo, tho I wouldnt use Bondo, out of a Bondo can,, that crap, leat time I tried it, got way hard, real quick,, couldnt work it,, Done properly, "Mud" , as it is affectionately called by people in the industry, will last as long as the car, IDK why you feel the way you do, but I can assure you.,I could fix that dent & youd never know it was there & it would stay fixed,, unless you dropped it on it again, then, the mud would crack,, but so what? The metal would be bent, & ity would need fixed anyway..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #34 - 04/07/12 at 18:42:13

Ever notice how if your car or bike is dented up you don't feel like washing and polishing it?  Undecided

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #35 - 04/07/12 at 19:00:41

Starlifter wrote on 04/07/12 at 18:42:13:
Ever notice how if your car or bike is dented up you don't feel like washing and polishing it?  Undecided

I'm anal retentive about my bike.. my car on the other hand was a cat of nine lives.. eventually killed off by 2 deers... Mazda.... they sure do make some killer engines that require no attention what so ever.... and I was a delivery person... aha..  Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 04/07/12 at 20:07:22

I knew a guy who had a mustang II in college, he loved that car, till he found out it had been bent & had some bondo on it,, still dont know how he found out,, anyway, he just lost his heart for that car.. said it was somehow "Fake" now,, you shoulda seen his face when I asked him how he felt when he looked in the mirror after his nose job healed up..

We werent such good friends after that, but thats okay,, he was fake..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #37 - 04/07/12 at 20:19:22

Did you ask him how he felt when you were sitting in your wheel chair? I can only assume he broke both your legs for rigging a mustang.. only a real man woulda...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:15:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gas tank dent removal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.