Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ghost  or edge brackets on S40? (Read 71 times)
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ghost  or edge brackets on S40?
04/02/12 at 04:19:07

Has anyone mounted ghost or edge brackets on an S40?  I'd like a set of compact hard cases and am willing to drill a hole or two in my sissybar side rails.

Another option would be to hack up the LeatherLyke compact bags from a gz250 or Kawasaki eliminator. I haven tried that yet because I can't quite see how those mounts work to see if I could bolt them to my side rails.

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: ghost  or edge brackets on S40?
Reply #1 - 04/02/12 at 07:10:31

I made my own 'ghost' brackets. But if I were you, I wouldn't waste my energy on the smaller bags. Just bite the bullet & relocate the turn signals. Then you can fit some reasonable size bags which are much more useful.

I had a plexifairing 3 until the bike got blown over & cracked it. Looked much more like a 'baby bagger' with the fairing. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/02/12 at 08:48:29

I sure agree with the idea of moving those lites. If youre gonna go to the trouble & expense of mounting bags, mount bags, not a matched pair of clutch purses,,

For you social klutzes, a clutch purse is small & has no strap,, hence, clutch,, as in, if youre gonna keep up with it, you will clutch it in yo hot little hand, cuz you cant sling it over your shoulder,,

& dont you even go wonderin how I mite know such a thing, cuz I carry some heavy stuff in my bag, uh huhh,, & Ill bounce it off yore punkin HAID!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #3 - 04/02/12 at 09:11:34

yep i understand.... i carried 60 pounds of tools in each saddlebag on my bike.... i built some 1/2 by 1 1/4 tubing to keep my saddle bags off my shocks and sprocket... they came off a kawasaki vulcan 2200.... i mounted some 2 bulb trailer lites on the back

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/02/12 at 08:48:29:
I sure agree with the idea of moving those lites. If youre gonna go to the trouble & expense of mounting bags, mount bags, not a matched pair of clutch purses,,

For you social klutzes, a clutch purse is small & has no strap,, hence, clutch,, as in, if youre gonna keep up with it, you will clutch it in yo hot little hand, cuz you cant sling it over your shoulder,,

& dont you even go wonderin how I mite know such a thing, cuz I carry some heavy stuff in my bag, uh huhh,, & Ill bounce it off yore punkin HAID!

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:31:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ghost  or edge brackets on S40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.