Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Front mudflap...
04/01/12 at 17:27:30

...just added... not sure if I like it yet, ...
...but hey,.. never know 'till you try... Huh...

I know it hurts the sexy lines,.. but I also have pedals,...soooo... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Re: Front mudflap...
Reply #1 - 04/01/12 at 17:36:47

Why do you insist on teasing us with photos of your ridiculously cool bike? This envy thing is a real burden.

Anyway, if you decide you don't like the flap, talk to me. Either way, I think a lot of us want to know how you did it - materials, etc. The current enthusiasm for short front fenders that throw crap all over the engine, frame, feet and so on escapes me. Ours ain't bad, but in this case more is better.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 04/01/12 at 18:33:07

Same material as my rear flap.. Ace Hardware rubber flooring, sold by the running ft. (36" wide I think) $4.00 a ft...
It's too thick to bolt under the fender, ( and the fold under the lip of the fender would have pushed it towards the tire), so I used a scrap of metal to mount...
Trying to get the front fender to look a bit more retro, to go along with the rest of the bike...
If this don't do it,.. I may hunt for a chrome front fender... Huh...

Rear flap...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Georgiadigger

Abandon
"Hope" for
Gods sake?

Rebel from the GA SC line
Reply #3 - 04/01/12 at 20:29:33

Nice bike my friend. I kind of like it. Thanks for taking the time to show us your work.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/01/12 at 20:47:39

If you stare at it a while & decide ya dont totally dig it, could I suggest you go all the way, pull the front wheel, & put the silver mount inside, use rivets & washers on the fender outside, paint all the washers B4 ya mount it. Then just touch up the rivet heads to match,
I think the idea is right,,a mudflap looks good there, & its functional, keeps crap off the donk..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/02/12 at 07:00:01

I like it! But I'm prejudiced since I have something similar only all aluminum diamond plate. The only thing I would do different is match the aluminum plate closer to the shape of the fender. I'm thinkng of adding some rubber to mine to extend it even further. The first time you get caught in the rain your feet  will thanh you, as it seems the stock fender channels water straight to them. Angry

The lip on the inside of the fender makes it very hard to fit the extension inside. Huh

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 04/02/12 at 08:06:03

If for some reason that piece of rubber gets picked up by the front tire and jammed under the fender, you will stop way faster than you want to.
Don't ask me how I know. Embarrassed

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 04/02/12 at 08:41:41

Hadnt considered the rolled edge, should be easy enough to handle, with a couple of washers to stand the mount away from the fender a bit,
Or, a truly determined guy could work a dent in the mount plate to accommodate the rolled edge. Maybe 3 vertical strips instead of a plate?

Considering the post quoted below, something riveted down the middle mite not be a bad idea.. I am sorry to say, I laffed,,

arteacher wrote on 04/02/12 at 08:06:03:
If for some reason that piece of rubber gets picked up by the front tire and jammed under the fender, you will stop way faster than you want to.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 04/02/12 at 09:05:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/02/12 at 08:41:41:
Hadnt considered the rolled edge, should be easy enough to handle, with a couple of washers to stand the mount away from the fender a bit,
Or, a truly determined guy could work a dent in the mount plate to accommodate the rolled edge. Maybe 3 vertical strips instead of a plate?

Considering the post quoted below, something riveted down the middle mite not be a bad idea.. I am sorry to say, I laffed,,

arteacher wrote on 04/02/12 at 08:06:03:

Didn't happen on a motorcycle, but on a bicycle. When I was in college I got around Toronto on a bicycle. I put a mud flap on the front fender very similar to Serow's . I was going hell-for-lather down a big hill real fast and the dam thing got pulled up into the fender and flipped me right over onto my back. Ruined the fender, tire and wheel, and I was sore for a week.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 04/02/12 at 14:57:40

I have a the mudflap on mine too, though it looks slightly different.  I think I did it after Savage_Greg did his.  It's one I got from J.C Whitney.  It works.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:28:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front mudflap...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.