Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Almost sold my S40
Reply #15 - 03/29/12 at 06:33:48

prechermike wrote on 03/29/12 at 06:25:41:
babyhog wrote on 03/29/12 at 05:17:02:
Well, I still dream of a Triumph America, dig the Bonnies too, would consider an M50 too.  But here's the real story...  

I need a 4-wheeler or side by side.  And I can't seem to get hubby to ride with me anymore!  I ride to and from work, and jaunt around some, but with the camp we are working on, I doubt we will be making any bike trips in the near future.  We got that Samurai, but I understand my limitations (he doesn't so much) and I know I won't drive the Samurai out all the trails and stuff.  Its gonna have to be a 4-wheeler or side by side.  Can't really afford to go buy one, so I considered trading my beloved Piglet.  But I'll just have to find another way....  on that note, he is dozing the trails wider and clearer for me, so something will work out.

Thanks for all the encouragement to keep her!

Babyhog, my $0.02 worth and that is probably overpaying.

Don't sell anything you enjoy, ride to work is enough reason for me to keep her.  I bought a used artic cat 300 4x4 a couple of years ago cheap.  I am a big guy and that is plenty of machine for going through the woods and hauling out a deer.  the side by sides are more versitale, you can really do alot with them, but they are not near as fun as the 4 wheeler.  

I decided what i wanted and watched craigslist, it finally came up.  Be sure to buy from an old man, they have nto abused the bike!  If you see snorkels and such, just keep on going.  But I am sure you know all of this.  

I like all my toys!

Wholeheartedly agree with all that, Mike.  A guy wanted to trade an arctic cat 400 4x4 but of course my bike is worth more.  He is somewhat interested in the old '81 Yamaha Maxim we have, so we might still work something out there.  He said he got it from an old man, he has only had the 4-wheeler a couple months, but I haven't seen it yet.  We first thought side by side would do more for us, but with the Samurai, I think you are right about the 4-wheeler being plenty for me, and more fun!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #16 - 03/29/12 at 07:59:35

Again, just my $0.02.

I am a big guy and the 300's are plenty of bike (ATV) for me.  they will go abotu anywhere and do about anything I want to do.  They may not be as fast as the bigger bikes, but where I am riding is not about speed, through the mud, across the ditch, up the canal bank, etc, speed is not the issue. The fact they are smaller means they can go between things and under things that bigger bikes can't.  that is a real plus for me.  They are easier to get to the woods as well.

The side by sides are more like a truck, can haul more, maybe  more confortable, that is debateable, but a 300 or so atv is hard to beat, in my book.

Get whatever you want, tell your hubby I said it was OK!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/29/12 at 10:29:49

I still have my s40 even though I have a larger, faster vulcan. There's something beautiful and elemental about a simple  Thumper. I was on the fence a few months back, but once I put Routy's forward controls and new Bars on her , she's going no where.(Now if I can install that dang tach)

JohnnyCat

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 03/29/12 at 11:26:57

Have you guys seen the Steve McQueen Commemorative Edition of the Bonneville?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #19 - 03/30/12 at 17:26:21

I LOVE so-called "Standard" motorcycles for their comfort and handling ... but as a "shorter" person not all Standards "fit" quite right ... that said, best fitting Bike for me has been the LS650 ... have owned 2 of 'em and reget ever sellin'em ... BUT, I have discovered that there are other Bikes out there that I have ridden and loved ( TU250X, Bonneville SE, Sportster XL883L, Honda GT650, Ninja 400R) and those that I wish I could (Honda GB500TT, Kawi W650, Honda VTR250 ...)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/30/12 at 21:07:36

I am tempted to pull the trigger on a 1984 Honda Nighthawk s 700. It is one of my al ltime favorite bikes. Only 19,000 miles, which is nothing for that bike. Vroom Vroom.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:36:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › Almost sold my S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.