drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Re: Latest on Skat
Reply #30 - 03/28/12 at 11:34:47

So sorry to hear such news.
We can look on life as a battle we know we will eventually lose, but I prefer to see it as an art form -- grace, style and vision lift us above the fray!

All the best to Skat and her family.   :'(

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #31 - 03/28/12 at 17:23:36

Hi everyone. When I first got my S40, I was honored by the people in this site. I made a lot of friends here the short time I was here. Katherine is one of them.

I help families in my spare time dealing with cancer. After losing my wife three years ago to breast cancer I decided to take my experience to educate people and help them. Katherine was a person I reached out to when I found out about what happened to her.

I got in touch with Kim a couple of weeks ago after visiting here and trying to get in touch with Katherine. I got the email today of her condition from Kim.

The only advice I can give is this. Don't give up hope. Its the only thing they can't take from you. I've seen this disease tear down people And at the same time become an inspiration to the people around them. It changes people. Katherine is a fighter. The fire inside of her is as red as her hair.

Don't give up Kat!

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #32 - 03/28/12 at 18:28:41

Very sad news... It IS amazing how close you get to people that you barely know, just because of an internet forum.

Skat - Best of luck with your battle. You've got a great group of friends on your side.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #33 - 03/28/12 at 20:44:37

So sorry to hear this bad news. I can't find words that would express how sad I feel.u :'(

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #34 - 03/29/12 at 06:49:07

We're still sporting this on one of the bike builds.For everybody that has gone through it.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 03/29/12 at 10:31:37

Beautiful tank, "Save the Ta Ta's...LOL

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #36 - 03/30/12 at 10:30:46

I am very sorry to hear about the latest news with Skat - I had a 13yr old friend fellow Rc racer who was diagnosed with Leukemia Jan 22 - 10 - went through all the treatments (side effects etc) and passed away from treatment complications June 23 - 11........I wonder how long and what quality of life he would have had if they had just left him alone?.......I hope her remaining days on earth are on her terms and by her wishes. She will meet God in due time, no need to rush it along.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #37 - 03/30/12 at 11:17:21

Give a healthy person with no cancer at all,Chemo and Radation and see how long they live.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #38 - 03/30/12 at 13:38:47

;`{

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #39 - 04/03/12 at 05:09:35

Skat asked me to pass on that she is out of the hospital and in home care (as of March 30).  She is taking chemo and seems to be in extremely good spirits.  She is very grateful for the kind words, prayers, thoughts and support.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #40 - 04/03/12 at 07:35:50

You hyave no idea how afraid I was to open this thread. Thanks for the good news,, God bless that woman & carry her thru..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #41 - 04/03/12 at 07:36:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/12 at 07:35:50:
You hyave no idea how afraid I was to open this thread. Thanks for the good news,, God bless that woman & carry her thru..

+1 .. and thanks for the good news.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #42 - 04/03/12 at 14:51:21

prechermike wrote on 04/03/12 at 05:09:35:
Skat asked me to pass on that she is out of the hospital and in home care (as of March 30).  She is taking chemo and seems to be in extremely good spirits.  She is very grateful for the kind words, prayers, thoughts and support.

My prayers are with her and her family.

« Last Edit: 04/04/12 at 19:27:43 by Tonydtiger1971 »  

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #43 - 04/04/12 at 19:04:32

I have lost my grandmother, watching my sister's father-in-law going through treatments, and seen my dad have surgery for cancer.  Try to make every Relay for Life Ride and Ride for Cancer I can, just had one last Sunday in Cleveland.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Silly Ogre

Former S40 Owner

Stuarts Draft VA
Reply #44 - 04/08/12 at 05:44:06

Have not been around much since I am no longer a Savage owner...However I have been logging on just to check on Katherine...I must say I was heart broken when I saw this news...Skat Prayers and thoughts are with you...I know you will fight this fight with everything you have, and you will prevail a Heroine...

2009 V-Star Classic 650...Silly Ogre is what one of my twin daughters call me...Guess I remind her of Shrek LOL...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:33:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Latest on Skat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.