Send Topic Print
exhaust (Read 119 times)
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
exhaust
03/25/12 at 21:45:20

Well, I rode to Georgia for the weekend from Florida, only about 150 miles and ran it at almost a 100 the whole way. Baby did fine but while i was there my buddy forgot it was parked behind his car and went to back out.......    Angry     only thing that was damaged was the shifter. And a slight scratch and dent in the gas tank...... Grrrrr. I do need some pics and maybe part numbers of the exhaust header assembly. Whatever rings/seals go in the exhaust where it bolts to the head. If anyone has spares of these laying around that would awesome? I just had to ride back using a piece of copper wire rolled up and sqieezed in there. Not sure what happened to the original bit my pipe came loose and whatever was there is no longer.

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: exhaust
Reply #1 - 03/25/12 at 22:03:03

there's just one crush seal between the header and head.

Any oem parts fishe will have it.

WWW   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #2 - 03/26/12 at 05:14:24

Quote:
Well, I rode to Georgia for the weekend from Florida, only about 150 miles and ran it at almost a 100 the whole way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
First, I didn't know a Savage will run that fast,....
Then I had to wonder if it was stated strictly to try to impress someone,..........or, if really true, why anyone would put themselves, and others in danger by being a complete outlaw on the hiway !

Oh darn ! There I go again,.....off topic.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #3 - 03/26/12 at 05:19:08

It will if you push it. Then again the only thing really left from the savage on my bike is the engine, trans, fork, and wheels. Everything else is custom, bike weighs less than 400 lbs and is regeared so it will do it, but thats as fast as I want to push it. As for being an outlaw on the interstate, its the only way I know hahahahahaha. We do have some 1%er tendencies even though we have no club affiliations. Ride hard.

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #4 - 03/26/12 at 05:20:53

And thanks Vers.. gotta get that fixed before I run any more cannonballs haha

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 03/26/12 at 09:30:58

You've done all those badass engine mods and don't know the exhaust gasket part is #14181-45C00 aha  Cheesy

IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #6 - 03/26/12 at 16:29:39

I only did some of the work hahaha but yeah.... Im still pretty new to the mysteries of her inner workings....     Embarrassed

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:24:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.