Send Topic Print
Cutting the Frame (Read 790 times)
Ben03Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Cutting the Frame
Reply #30 - 06/15/12 at 09:28:15

I should of asked on my previous post but im new here....lol...where did u relocate the rectifier?  i was thinking about under the new solo seat....pls help...new here, new to riding, new to working on bikes.... Undecided

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #31 - 06/15/12 at 19:09:56

I can take a picture of where it sits currently. There is a frame rail under the solo seat that I drilled holes through and have it mounted there. The rest of the stuff (all the wiring, the computer, fuses, starter solenoid, etc) are tucked into the battery box.

I may change it depending on how I mount up my BCB fender, but it works for now.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #32 - 06/15/12 at 19:17:11

Some updates from last time (pics in another thread here somewhere for tail light and whatnot)... But I added some generic little lights. Fabricated this bracket up with some steel and a cutoff wheel:

If you look close in this picture, you can see the rectifier under the seat (the back side of it anyways). Like I said, drilled a hole through that bracket and then bolted it up. I'll take a better shot of it tomorrow for you.

BCB fender. I need to work up some supports for it, but it should look pretty nice on there. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Ben03Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 06/15/12 at 19:48:52

Ok.  I see your work...I was thinking the same thing but didn't know if it will work.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  The bike looks awesome BTW....

IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #34 - 06/16/12 at 00:03:10

did you mount the lights on the shock bolts? where did you run the wires, any pics????

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #35 - 06/16/12 at 05:26:07

They are on the outside of the shock bolt. I was considering running them on the inside of it, but it's only temporary. I want to run a set of red turns and double as a brake light (like the HD Nightster).

The wires run under the solo seat and into my battery box/faux oil tank that holds the rest of the electronics.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #36 - 06/17/12 at 16:59:22

Shots of the rectifier and top of the wiring compartment:

I also yanked the back foot reg mounts. I had simply taped them with black electrical tape last year so they were less visible, but now they're gone. And I did it all without pulling the rear wheel:

I cut a piece off an 8MM allen key that was enough to go into the bolt and enough to get a wrench around the other side. The muffler side was the hardest part, since there was not enough room to pull the bolt out with the wheel there. So I went through 4 blades on the sawzall and chopped through it. The other side came out without any problems, except that I broke the 8MM wrench. All in all though, it went pretty well and looks much nicer without them there. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #37 - 06/17/12 at 17:12:10

Need to find a way to mount this up... I scoured the net to find bobbers and the way they mounted them up and I think I've found a winner, just need to source the parts.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:22:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cutting the Frame

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.