Send Topic Print
Cutting the Frame (Read 790 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Cutting the Frame
Reply #15 - 04/14/12 at 20:28:18

That looks much better. The gap underneath the seat has been almost eliminated. Amazing what 3/4" will do.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #16 - 04/15/12 at 05:31:32

Right... Well that, as well as cutting off the passenger support bars that were holding it up before.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #17 - 04/15/12 at 08:19:57

Looking Really...Really Nice Dude..   Found a rear fender yet?

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #18 - 04/15/12 at 15:07:37

Not yet... I may just grab the one from BCB and be done with it. I can ride it without for now, I did for a few months with the trailer fender I started mocking up. We'll see. I may continue that project, since I've already got it.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #19 - 05/16/12 at 17:45:25

Wires all tucked, seat mounted, brakes bled... I need a brake light, turn signals, rear fender....

I pulled the front fender off. Any suggestions there as to good or bad? I like the look without it, but dangerous?

Looking forward to riding now that it's up and running. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 05/16/12 at 20:28:22

I like the fenderless Look, what I dont like is sand & water flung on me & the engine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 05/17/12 at 06:20:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/16/12 at 20:28:22:
I like the fenderless Look, what I dont like is sand & water flung on me & the engine.

I remember being a kid and riding my bike to school in the rain.
And getting there and having a skunk stripe down my back from all the water and road cheese flung up by the wheel.
Like 'em or not I would put them on, but that's just me.

--Steve

IP Logged
bluesrockdoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 05/17/12 at 07:18:51

Looks really nice!

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #23 - 05/17/12 at 09:06:03

Bike looks good...nice clean lines. Fenderless looks good, but I think I would probably still end up with putting something back on if it was me.

With the mods that you have done, I was a bit surprised to see that you hadn't taken off the badges on the tank  Huh oh well

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 05/17/12 at 09:39:39

A fender that stops about 2" in front of the forks maybe? Down the back of the wheel far enough to keep crap off the jug & under the tank & off the chin?

A rear mounted to the swing arm to let the fender lay close to the tire?

Leave the badges, or youll be having to tell people who manufactured the machine every day..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #25 - 05/17/12 at 16:55:32

Hah, I remember days of riding my bike and having the same stripes... Smiley Fortunately I'm not that hardcore to do the same on my motorcycle. I went out 1 time in the rain and turned back after 4 blocks. My wides Ninja 250 isn't terrible because the fairings and the angle that your legs are in... You're sort of "tucked" behind everything and it keeps the water off. A cruiser, the whole front of my legs were soaked after a block. So... What happens if I get caught mid ride? Eh.... I don't know there. I guess I'd be stuck at that point or get wet.

I'm going to check the local laws to see if I need the fenders and go from there. Pretty sure I need at least the rear for inspection... And I may put the front back on depending on how it goes after riding for a little bit...

I actually LIKE the badges there. The only reason they are left. If I swap tanks some day, I'd probably not do anything to put them back on, but I kind of like them there so it's not completely debadged.

I am going to put on a rear fender of sorts... Mount it to the swingarm and have it sit right above the fender. I'm actually leaning towards the BlueCollarBobbers fender for the price... Plus - it's made for the bike and would fit better than anything I can source or fabricate myself. Unfortunately they won't sell the mounting brackets without ordering the whole kit (liability issues), so I'll have to fabricate the mounts and brackets to hold it up, but that shouldn't be terrible.

Thanks all!

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 05/17/12 at 17:08:52

My wides Ninja 250

Freudian slip? She'll whip yo skinny BUTT!

Ive been seen going down the long straights with my boots on the case & legs right by the jug.. & Ive been so wet that when I put a foot down at a lite, I felt every pulse of the spark plug. I wanted a green lite SO bad,,

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #27 - 05/17/12 at 17:29:33

WIFE... Hell, she is skinnier than me. Smiley Unfortunately she dumped it 2 years ago and hasn't really hopped back on it yet (partially because my bike was down all last year)...

PA law requires fenders if the bike came with them... So that will probably answer what I end up running eventually... But if I can get away with it for a little while, I probably will. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #28 - 05/21/12 at 17:47:25

New tail light mounted and in place. Not 100% sold on it yet, but it's better than the cat eye that I rubbed on the tire.

I'm still thinking of going with an LED strip under the fender (once I get that) and going that route. It would solve the turn signal issue too.

For now... It keeps me legal and fits the bobber look. Thoughts?

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Ben03Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 06/15/12 at 09:22:10

thats a great looking bike.  I just got my 03 savage and thats exactly what i want to do to mine....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:21:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cutting the Frame

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.