Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Did 160 mile ride in Mass. 52 degrees PERFECT DAY (Read 127 times)
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Did 160 mile ride in Mass. 52 degrees PERFECT DAY
03/10/12 at 08:35:27

So I recently joined here and have had alot of help, I did the mods and the other day was my first true ride on the bike not just with the mods but with the bike. All this amidst being thrown out of my house by my wife,,,,grrrrr
 Anywho It was 52 degrees in early season here in mass. and after staying up all night finishing cleaning the carb and rejetting and installing flush mount lights, I had the chance to go on a test run with all the new toys on my bike. WELL the ride carried me rt9 out to rt 202 and around the beautiful Quabbin Reservoir. It was exactly what I needed. warm enough air, all leather, and finally an exhaust that barked here I am. I caught up with a guy on an old ninja from the eighties and we buzzed along for a bit. My chrome was shining and looked great for the first 75 miles or so. Then I hit the dark side of the reservoir where the temps were melting the snow but the sun wasnt drying the road. I WENT 15 MILES THROUGH WATER STREWN ROADS. GOD DA*N IT!!! I spent hours with q-tips and 3 rolls of paper towels making that chrome shine. anyhow after a while you just accept it and thump; on. I wish the day wasnt cooling down I could have rode for ever I felt. I dont know what it is about this suzuki, but Ive had hondas with 4 cylinders and a few other older cruiser bikes. but I love my suzuki savage. It is such a great back road handling machine and with the new mods it finally jumps when I say jump. Im so glad to have found there is this site and other people who enjoy this simple little bike. It has been a great sense of joy when Im down and out going through the carb and being a single cylinder its a great bike to get your bike tuning skills a bit more confident. So thanks to all who have helped and maybe one day we can organize a ride that hopefully a good group of us can talk one lungers and ride. sorry I live so far from all of you. But i do love a good road trip. I have tools and will travel. lol

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Did 160 mile ride in Mass. 52 degrees PERFECT
Reply #1 - 03/10/12 at 13:01:17

Same temps here in Michigan, the snow is melting fast and next week may hit the 60's It won't be long now. Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 03/10/12 at 14:51:39

Got mine out of storage today (32 deg). Cold ride home. 59 deg tomorrow, going to Port Bruce for the afternoon.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 03/10/12 at 14:57:42

50 degrees here in North Texas, but raining non-stop.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 03/11/12 at 14:03:36

arteacher wrote on 03/10/12 at 14:51:39:
Got mine out of storage today (32 deg). Cold ride home. 59 deg tomorrow, going to Port Bruce for the afternoon.

Just got back from Port Bruce- man it's a helluva lot cooler by the lake!
Brrrrrr.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #5 - 03/15/12 at 15:53:17

So ive managed to put 1200 miles on my bike in 14 days!!! I love my savage and refuse to buy a bigger bike. What is it about these little thumpers that make them so addictive??? I have external mods and she pulls hard and handles the back roads of new england like an indy car. I may not be able to hit 100mph but Who cares. I sound good and to the un trained eye seem like any other cruiser bike just without all the extra stuff. Im a true blue savage fan. 6' tall 175lbs.

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 03/16/12 at 00:29:20

Q tips??? on your savage???
any compariable behaviour for the reason your wifey kicked you out???

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #7 - 03/16/12 at 05:38:39

She never does or will ride with me so I pamper the bike that gives me solitude. Lol. I could always lay out the list on why a bike is better than a woman. Hehe. But I think just reading this will encourage many to run through their own. And I'm sure the women on here feel the same about us.

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #8 - 03/19/12 at 07:26:53

I don't do Q-Tips but I do love the Savage. Mine isn't that fast or that good looking but when I'm out on it, the rest of the world and all its problems seem to melt away. I get a little depressed when its time to head back home.
The weather here in SE Wisconsin has been pretty nice as of late. I have put on 400 miles in the last 2 days. Now I just need more $$ for gas. ( $4.10 per gallon )

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 03/21/12 at 06:35:00

Record breaking high temps here all week. 20 deg above normal today, and sunny too!

IP Logged
heroicseven

oops, I broke it.

San Diego
Reply #10 - 03/22/12 at 19:20:27

SAN DIEGO 60 to 70 degrees year round and not much rain, i love my savage!

00' raptor - supertrapp - 52.5 - 155 - half spacer - versaved
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:32:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Did 160 mile ride in Mass. 52 degrees PERFECT DAY

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.