Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
need help with rear wheel! (Read 208 times)
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Re: need help with rear wheel!
Reply #15 - 03/10/12 at 16:57:07

'05 Nothing to remove except the brake rod, belt and the axel. Don't know about the mffler. I have a Dyna. Can not understand why you took the shocks off. Belt cover makes sence if you have one all the way back to the rear drive pully.

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 03/10/12 at 20:11:19

Routy wrote on 03/10/12 at 16:35:11:
Did I hear that right,....you havin a dealer do what again ?

Replacing the tire was the easy part for me, but when I went to put all the spacers back in,.....after they rolled all over the place when I pulled the axle out, it all came to a halt ! I had 2 beers and it didn't help one bit. But Savage.com came to the rescue,......some nice guy here posted the illistration of the rear assy. And all that after I "knew" that you have to watch how it comes apart !

I had 2 beers and it didn't help one bit.

Well DUHHH! How much help you think there IS in TWO beers? Man,, you shouldnt even TOUCH a wrench till youve had 3.. HA! I hope you learned your lesson,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 03/10/12 at 23:36:38

I grew up drawing sketches and labeling parts as I disassembled.  Digital cameras make that so much easier nowadays.  I still label some parts though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 03/11/12 at 04:24:21

Cavie wrote on 03/10/12 at 16:57:07:
'05 Nothing to remove except the brake rod, belt and the axel. Don't know about the mffler. I have a Dyna. Can not understand why you took the shocks off. Belt cover makes sence if you have one all the way back to the rear drive pully.

The dyna is smaller at the end and maybe shorter than stock muffler,The axle bolt just hit enough it wouldn,t come out,One inch shorter and there would have been no problem,I just looked at as picture of the new S40,I have longer shocks with stock shocks it would have come out.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:26:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need help with rear wheel!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.