Mechanic Liability (Read 816 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Mechanic Liability
Reply #60 - 03/18/12 at 00:02:00

Hey Karr,, I posted this with your pictures,

Look on up & back, under the upper fin,, screwdriver marks, they left a bolt in the head cover! I TOLD Ya! Your head cover is warped,
FWIW, the head gasket most likely didnt need replaced,.,These idiots owe you a bike. Id be talking to the owner tomorrow & if you havent already gone hunting a lawyer, you better get ready to.

What did you pay for it? Have you paid them anything? Parts?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #61 - 03/18/12 at 07:26:40

Let's not paint all dealerships with the same brush. Mine has been pretty good to me most of the time.The only thing they have done incorrectly is adjust the belt too tight.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #62 - 03/18/12 at 22:48:29

arteacher wrote on 03/18/12 at 07:26:40:
Let's not paint all dealerships with the same brush. Mine has been pretty good to me most of the time.The only thing they have done incorrectly is adjust the belt too tight.

I agree,, I had mine in once & they didnt destroy it, charged me more than what they should have & didnt do hoot,, but they didnt wreck it!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #63 - 03/24/12 at 16:01:12

So? Hows it goin?

IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 03/24/12 at 20:07:58

I was out of town all week, so I got the bike painted and let it sit.. Also did some of the little things fixed. I didn't touch the broken fin or the speedo mount, just in case it comes into question. I was reallllllllly hoping to get a call from Suzuki America, but haven't heard from them yet. Going to give them a call Tuesday morning when I'm back.

Real happy with how the bike is running and looking right now. Still pissed about the shoddy work, but unless Suzuki does something, or unless I get a lawyer, I'm probably out of luck. It's crazy to get a bike back from a garage and the engine mount nuts aren't even hand tightened!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 03/24/12 at 22:56:36

I hope you understand HOW that fin was busted. YOur head cover is WARPED. They missed a bolt & tried to pry it off. You pop that thing off & lay it on a piece of thick glass.. I Gay Rawn TEE its warped., Which means they owe you a head & a head cover.

IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 03/25/12 at 08:52:24

Any way of knowing if it's warped without taking it off? Would there be any noticeable symptoms?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #67 - 03/25/12 at 09:49:16

I suppose it will leak...  (Maybe,... they didn't leave a bolt in,.. but just pried in the wrong place to break the bead)...
Still, shoddy for a dealer, but hopefully cosmetic...

I'd be most worried about the broke clutch actuator perch...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 03/25/12 at 13:31:41

I don't see any leaks, which is great. I took a nice hard look at the broken piece, and I see exactly what you're talking about and everything makes sense. They definitely used a screwdriver to pry the two pieces apart, and the cooling fin was the pivot point. Everything lines up, and I see those screwdriver marks, so I have no doubts that this is what happened!

As of right now, that perch is still holding together. I want to keep testing it a little bit before I put some miles on it.

I will chat with Suzuki before I fix or clean up any of these issues.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:44:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Mechanic Liability

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.