YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Mechanic Liability
Reply #30 - 03/09/12 at 11:37:02

Aside from suzuki working over the dealership...

2nd step is to make a complaint to BBB

while it's in zuki's best interest to maintain their reputation, it's not their business.  So the best that can be hoped for is retraining of their mechanics.

WWW   IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 03/09/12 at 12:18:50

yeah, i get that.. they are independently owned, but i figure BBB is next if they don't get their stuff together... i doubt i have to get a lawyer to take it to those measures, so i am keeping my fingers crossed.

it's just very annoying... everyone there is very nice and has no problem taking you into the garage to show you what's up. but at the same time, they told me they would call me yesterday and i still haven't heard from them. i'm having a hard time keeping my cool with these dudes.. i'm going to blow a darn gasket (then rip the replacement gasket during reassembly).

honestly, sounds like the need a new service manager.

IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 03/12/12 at 08:04:23

GOT THE BIKE BACK... And well, here is the list of things that they screwed up:

-Tail light works, brake light is now non-functional
-Clutch/Speedometer cable mounting bracket broken and fixed (ie, rigged)
-Broken fin on cylinder head
-Muffler was not mounted to the bracket
-Drive belt is rubbing on the rear tire
-Head cover is missing the bolt to reattach the chrome covers
-Breather tubes are missing clamps (one to the head, one to the petcock)
-Header was not tight, causing an exhaust leak and some epic backfires
-Battery box has some deep scratches from sanding their rig-job on the clutch/speedo mounting bracket
-Vacuum to petcock is no longer operating correctly.. Sporatically stalls out like it doesn't have gas, but runs great on PRI

Some of these, I'm obviously being picky.. But, I took this bike to a reputable dealer/mechanic and ended up with this garbage. Most of this I can fix. Brake light wiring may have been separated. I cleaned their rig job on the clutch/speedo cable mount, and hopefully it continues to work. I can sand the broken fin down and clean it up. I mounted the muffler. I can live without the chrome covers on the head. I can get spring clamps for the breather tubes, or even tiny pipe clamps. Tightened the header, and adjusted the idle knob and I am getting very few backfires. I'll re-sand the battery box and throw some paint over it. The petcock will probably get replaced with a Raptor petcock. The drive belt probably shouldn't be rubbing the tire lol. I didn't notice this until I got back from a ride. I'll check the allignment and tire pressure, and hope the issue is there.

This is absolute BS though. I didn't expect any of this crap to happen!  Embarrassed

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 03/12/12 at 08:24:46

I would not have accepted deliver of the bike without a signed statement from the shop owner showing he accepted responsibility for the bikes condition. Now, all they have to say is you took it home & damaged it,.Unless you covered that angle.,

Of course, there is the ongoing thread here,,
What have they said they would do about the damage theyve done?
Have you got anything in writing?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 03/12/12 at 08:53:07

I'd leave it as it is till you contact suzuki since you've alread had a conversation with them.

Take lots of pictures.

And talk with the manager of the shop.

All that stuff will impact the resale price of the bike.

WWW   IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 03/12/12 at 09:41:41

Suzuki updated all of the information with what I just griped about. They said it's not an issue that I took it since I had already provided the info and since the technician got pictures of everything. I don't see a problem fixing those issues, but I hope I get something out of this situation.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #36 - 03/12/12 at 11:22:57

Amazing amount of sucky quality workmanship in all areas of repair and service industries...

They never care as much as I do...
I try to DIY everything I can for home, car, bike, appliances, even guitars and amps...
Seems like nobody does a good job anymore...

X1,.. you got an especially gifted screw-up...  I can't even think of a fair remedy for what they did...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #37 - 03/12/12 at 16:37:09

Dealer mechanics are monkeys with a bunch of hammers but that comparison wouldn't be fair to any real monkeys.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 03/12/12 at 18:25:02

Id want a different bike,,hand them that one & go somewhere else & buy something comparable,. Used Savage picked up somewhere.,.,Id never be able to trust that one unless I spent a LOT of time on it & that clutch pedestal needs repaired by a welder/machinist

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #39 - 03/13/12 at 14:23:08

What's Suzuki N.A.'s take on it? Are they going to do anything for you?

Maybe you could get them to give you a credit on the bike for a new one??? Possibly, get ya a rebuilt engine from another dealer?

Man, that just stinks...but at least ya got it out of the hands of some lousy mechanics...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 03/13/12 at 20:38:18

JB weld? No way! They broke it, they are responsible for fixing it correctly. They have to replace the broken parts with new or like new condition. JB weld? Really???? Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 03/13/12 at 21:26:14

Who is gonna take care of you when the clutch dumps & runs you in front of someone?

IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 03/14/12 at 05:52:10

Still waiting to hear back from the Suzuki NA technicians and customer support. From what I hear, they are on my side and will try to make this right. The issue will be that the dealership is independently owned, and there is only so much Suzuki can do. I'll wait to hear back from them and let them do their job before I raise hell.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #43 - 03/14/12 at 09:57:11

x1karr0usx wrote on 03/14/12 at 05:52:10:
Still waiting to hear back from the Suzuki NA technicians and customer support. From what I hear, they are on my side and will try to make this right. The issue will be that the dealership is independently owned, and there is only so much Suzuki can do. I'll wait to hear back from them and let them do their job before I raise hell.

Even if an independently owned dealership, Suzuki Nat. can pull the Factory Authorized Dealership status, and that is a BIG HAMMER.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 03/14/12 at 11:48:45

Id stay off that thing.. that JB weld is good stuff, but you give it vibration, hot & cold cycles & the pull that the clutch makes & its simply not gonna last, You could get hurt over it,
Id like to know how they broke that pedestal,, dang.
If Suzuki cant get anything done, & done SOON,, Id be in a lawyers office, In fact, Id be makin a few calls & seeing if I could find one in the consumer protection arena,
One thing I learned a long time ago., finding a lawyer to go after a hospital in the same city they live in isnt easy, IDK if its hard to get a lawyer to go after a business in his own town,, you mite consider looking in the nearest big place if you cant find an ENthusiastic , ready to attack, local guy.. Im sittin here wondering if your bike is totaled. The parts & labor to get it right exceed 50% of the value, wouldnt you think? I sure wouldnt let the craptasticanichs that did it fix it,, but you need a new jug, to have all your cooling fins back, & how did they break it? Trying to pry the head cover off after they missed a bolt, Ill bet the head cover is warped, so, youll need a new head & cover, theyre a matched pair, due to being line bored for the cam, & one side of the case, because of the busted pedestal,,
How many miles on yours? If they can find an engine with low miles, it would be easier & cheaper to swap engines,, You should be able to keep the old one just because theyve screwed your day up so bad, if your belt is damaged, they can replace that.,,
I dont even know these people & I dont like them, not at all..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:39:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Mechanic Liability

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.