Send Topic Print
Mechanic Liability (Read 816 times)
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Re: Mechanic Liability
Reply #15 - 03/09/12 at 07:44:59

You may have to contact a lawyer. If they balk on your demands for a complete fix, for a small fee you can get a lawyer to send them a nice letter explaining your intentions of taking this case to small claims. They know you would win and they wont want to waste their time and reputation. Reputation is key in a down economy.  

Cool

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 03/09/12 at 08:36:56

I agree with those suggestions;  have a calm business discussion with the OWNER of the shop and lay out all of the FACTS of what has happened since you took your bike in for a simple plug change and a then ask him what he intends to do about it.
If he balks then spend a few bucks to have an attorney write a letter for you explaining what the owners legal choices are if he chooses to go to court; including of course to pay for your attorney fee's.
He will likely see the light by then.
At this point of the saga, the shop owner should be reassuring you that everything will be done properly and in a timely manner, offer his apology for all the hassle you have been subjected to, and tell you that you owe nothing.
A good dealership would do that at this point considering what you have been subjected to at the hands of their incompetent maintenance staff.  

IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/09/12 at 08:43:15

thanks everyone for the insight! what sucks the most is i have to choose to not ride in this beautiful weather and wait for them to replace the bottom end, or just ride with a scarred savage!!!

well, that's really a no brainer... i guess....  Undecided

what a darn nightmare! could be way worse though. for some reason the mechanic showed me a bike they've had since 2010 in the garage... red flag? lol..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 03/09/12 at 08:55:45

Honestly, I would rather have a machinist/welder look at that pedestal & see if it would repair than allow such idiots into the bowels of the engine. Youve seen their level of incompetence already. IF it wont fix & be solid, Id offer them the opportunity to buy me another bike, You dont have time for more of their BS, its time to ride,, yours is totaled if the pedestal doesnt fix,  He has insurance,  If you took your car to a mechanic & one of his employees accidentally dropped a ball bearing in the intake while it was wound up & blew the motor, he would have to fix it., This shop has wrecked your bike, it would save, given enough $$$ & TIME,, but thats YOUR time too,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #19 - 03/09/12 at 08:56:13

x1karr0usx wrote on 03/09/12 at 08:43:15:
thanks everyone for the insight! what sucks the most is i have to choose to not ride in this beautiful weather and wait for them to replace the bottom end, or just ride with a scarred savage!!!

well, that's really a no brainer... i guess....  Undecided

what a darn nightmare! could be way worse though. for some reason the mechanic showed me a bike they've had since 2010 in the garage... red flag? lol..

Ask for a loaner.  Probably won't happen, but can't hurt to ask.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/09/12 at 09:01:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/09/12 at 08:55:45:
Youve seen their level of incompetence already.

yeah, that's why i'm especially reluctant to get them to replace the bottom end... i foresee myself on the side of the road because they bolted it up some tools still inside of it!

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #21 - 03/09/12 at 09:08:29

call these guys...what can it hurt? maybe they will stear you towards someone that can do the work proper...

2) Should you have a situation that you believe requires American Suzuki's immediate assistance you may call Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST.

from the suzuki site
"It is essential to have your facts organized and available before calling us. This will speed the resolution process. Relevant information would include the following: model, vehicle identification number (VIN), mileage, date of purchase, selling and servicing dealer, names of dealer staff you have approached already plus a summary of your needs and expectations."

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 03/09/12 at 09:32:14

called Suzuki America and they are on it.. they are going to send a regional technician to see what these jokers are done. also got them flagged for low quality service and will be audited.

game on.

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #23 - 03/09/12 at 09:35:20

Way to go! Companies want to know if their dealers are screwing around. The only way they find out is by having customers give them feedback.

Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 03/09/12 at 09:52:47

Thats a BIG +1 for Suzy America..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #25 - 03/09/12 at 09:55:41

That should up the pucker factor for the owner and/or manager of this dealership.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 03/09/12 at 10:02:46

Kinda surprised Jerry hasnt weighed in.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #27 - 03/09/12 at 10:14:00

Tell them to throw the old bike away and give you a brand new one,For your  time and suffering.  Wink

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #28 - 03/09/12 at 10:49:30

Yeah for Suzuki.
I've had a couple of instances where poor work performance gets straightened out after you go up the chain of command. It may not resolve your situation completely but the dealership will at least get dinged for lousy service.

I've managed (and still work) in a service industry. I've found that unless people say something to the higher ups then usually the service continues to go downhill...sad but true

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
x1karr0usx

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 03/09/12 at 11:27:23

i figure if i don't get anything else out of this, Suzuki will at least know that they are garbage mechanics so that way no one else gets screwed.

i hope it gets squared away in a timely manner though... there are a ton of 65+ degree days coming up. i've missed three good days since they have had it.  :'(

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:32:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Mechanic Liability

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.