Send Topic Print
AIR BOX (Read 93 times)
hieb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AIR BOX
03/08/12 at 09:35:40

OK 2nd post put a K&N filter on took air box out what do I do with the breather tube and putting a tracy seat tank on with old style petcocks so what do I do with the vacuum hose?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: AIR BOX
Reply #1 - 03/08/12 at 09:57:46

You can get tiny filters for the breather tube... (best not to leave it open, but it has to breath)...

Toss the vacuum hose and block off the vacuum tap on the carb.  I used a screw in the hole,. The right size won't damage the tap and will be reversible if needed... Rubber plugs will rot away fast... (or just stick a golf tee in the hose as it comes off the tap. The goal is to stop that tap from sucking air and making a vacuum leak in the intake)...

Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/08/12 at 10:07:22

Ive always thos air would bleed past the threads on a bolt. A short dowel could be covered by a rubber cap to make it look nice & a swipoe of rtv would make sure the dowel stayed put,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
hieb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/08/12 at 10:22:56

Thanks guys will have the Suzy Tracker done by next week will post pic I also moved the pegs and controls to mid position using mostly the stock controls

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 02:23:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › AIR BOX

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.