Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Stupid newbie question again sorry guys (Read 297 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Stupid newbie question again sorry guys
Reply #15 - 03/10/12 at 07:53:34

Spend 20 bux & slap a Dyna on it. That otta calm it down,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #16 - 03/10/12 at 08:05:25

maybe I can help- I was where you are a week ago. I have a 1996 and put a jardine on it. mine was already stock at 3 turns out on the mixture screw and that turned out to be ok once I jetted it according to lancers information. Im progressing. I have right now the Jardine, K&n filter slip in, and a 152.5 main jet and a stock pilot and my bike has a whole new power range 100% inprovement on the low end and mi range and only backfires when I encourage it to by driving it like a sportster. lol I get the occasional downshift at high rpm pop and once in a while when im buried into the throttle and shift hard I get a cool to me snap backfire.

So as all the wise ones here told me and what worked on basically your exact bike for me was jardine,k&n, 152.5 main and stock pilot jet. start there as wise Lancer told me and he was right. hope this helps one noob to another in similiar spot. Wink

my_suzuki.jpg

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
joeyzaza

1970 ski doo one
lung,1996 savage one
lung

worcester Ma.
Reply #17 - 03/10/12 at 08:07:41

oh yeah and sorry GET THE JETSET FROM LANCER HE HAS THE GOODS. BEST PRICES AROUND

1996 savage, Jardine slip on, k&n air filter, Lancer jet set, 155 main, 55 pilot, 2.5 turns mixture screw, Low profile chrome l.e.d turn signals, 12,000 miles and looks new!
  IP Logged
rodeoclown

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Glenview,Il
Reply #18 - 03/10/12 at 08:23:27

Thanks Joey that gives me a great place to start.They may have already done the jetting I just dont know until I take the carb a part to find out for sure.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 03/10/12 at 10:06:29

Just drop the bowl & twist it, unless its on the bench already,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rodeoclown

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Glenview,Il
Reply #20 - 03/12/12 at 05:05:59

Thanks Justin I will as soon as I get time. im working a full time and part time job.Got the part time job so the wife couldnt tell me no on a bike cause that is MY money and she still gets OUR money  Smiley

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #21 - 03/12/12 at 07:15:45

i have a 96 with stock air box & jardine - 3turns CCW on the air/fuel mix screw - 152.5 & 55 no spacer mod - i do have a slight leak at the header muffler joint - i get cold engine shift pops and decel pops and the after run BANG! - but nothing that is extreme on the backfires - way better than it was before the 3 turns CCW & the jets.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 04:30:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stupid newbie question again sorry guys

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.