Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bar end mirrors (Read 145 times)
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bar end mirrors
03/05/12 at 09:13:46

I'm looking for a set of bar end mirrors to use with Ryca clip-ons. I know I've seen some pictures of them on the CS-1s. What are you all using?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Bar end mirrors
Reply #1 - 03/05/12 at 09:21:59

I had to get rid of mine,, kept scrapin em in corners.

Yea,, suuure I did..  Wink

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/06/12 at 10:38:04

The RYCA clip-ons use a one inch bar, like the stock bike, which isn't nearly as common as 7/8" bars, but you can find a variety of bar-end mirrors that are made for 1" bars.
It would also be pretty easy to make a shim to take up the extra 1/8" of space, and then you could probably use any bar-end mirror you wanted.

I looked at a lot of options for my bike, and in the end decided more traditional mirrors would suit the look of my project better, but I do know there are options out there...

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/06/12 at 11:53:59

IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/06/12 at 14:28:26

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 03/06/12 at 11:53:59:

Those grips are badass too man.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/07/12 at 03:32:27

you have to be careful when trying to find ones that fit the RYCA clip-ons.

I tried bar end mirrors designed for 1" bars and the thickness of the RYCA clips-on tubing is thicker than your average 1" bars, so the 1" bar end mirrors were too fat.  I then tried two different brands of 7/8" bar end mirrors, and they were all too small. Seems the inner diameter of the RYCA bars are somewhere in between. I ended up going with Joker Machine bar end mirrors and they worked just fine with some modifications ( I had to mill down some of the bar insert material to fit in the ends of the clip ons). My best advice is to take a caliper and measure the inner diameter of the clip ons and go from there. Most manufacturers will list a size range that will work.. I would give more info such as brands and styles I have tried but my bike has been done for over a year and I can't remember those specifics.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 03/07/12 at 13:46:42

"Mirrors...we done need no steenking mirrors!"
" Whatsa behinda me ees not important!"

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 03/07/12 at 15:01:05

Fonzie: Hey, Cunningham, which is cooler? The mirrors up like this at an angle or down like this, straight?

Richie: Well, I think you can see better with them down at an angle.

Fonzie: Hey, I don't wanna see where I've been. I wanna see how cool I look getting there!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 06:21:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bar end mirrors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.