Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CCA with Big Bore? (Read 116 times)
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
CCA with Big Bore?
02/28/12 at 13:31:01

So I was flipping through some of the beautiful mini battery mods that you folks have done and thought "man I'd love to do that" when it suddenly occured to me:
What kind of CCA do I need with a 96mm Wisco?

I don't want to go with a stealthy battery just to find that I'm screwed on a cold morning. Undecided

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: CCA with Big Bore?
Reply #1 - 02/28/12 at 22:15:50

IDK the answer, but maybe you can take a scientific wild , uhh, guess at it.

What are CCA requirements of a stock engine? What %age change is made? You mite get a hint from finding out about the CCA requirements for the 400. Ill bet you can figure it out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 02/29/12 at 07:16:01

And I don't think it can be much more than stock since there's essentially no compression during cranking.  Honestly, I would expect a high performance camshaft to have a greater effect on cranking than the slightly larger piston since it may not have an appreciably greater mass than the stock piston, especially if it is concave.  I really wouldn't expect much greater requirement from the camshaft either.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/05/12 at 15:00:30

if your compression release is working i wouldnt worry about it. The wiseco pistons are actually an ounce lighter than the stock piston. I have a 95mm wiseco and stage 1 cam with a 130cca battery and the only time ive ever had trouble starting was when i left the lights on chasing an electrical issue. Thta being said...a dozen or less short trips will kill the battery if you arent getting up to speed for some amount of time to recharge. I counted a dozen start and kills (wanted to know my limits) before the cranking got slow. I might have gotten one or two more starts but that was the limit.
As to cold...i started with the little battery in the low 40's no issue. It was noticebly slower to turn than at say 50-55 degrees but it started reliably at those temperatures many times.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:31:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › CCA with Big Bore?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.