New member Intro (Read 111 times)
frog
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
New member Intro
02/25/12 at 04:17:30

Mods I just realized that I posted intro in wrong place, I used up extent of my computer skills uploading pic Grin.

Ah been lurking here for a bit thought id make my manners and do an intro. My nic name is frog also my UN, Im a commercial diver with combat exp. Presntly in florida melbourne area, recently returned from Afghanistan/Africa and other garden spots.

I got a 95 Savage as a basket case for 200 bucks its now a bobber I was going to sell it, but I have come to enjoy riding it as its the most comfy bike I own. Although deffinitely not the fastest or more functional. Speedo shows 28xxx, motor runs reasonably well. When purchased carb was gunked up, electronics didnt work I got all that sorted and modified to my liking im a bare bones kinda guy like acess to all mechanicals.

I rebuilt the fork seals this week trying to get the caliper back on but its being difficult.

My other bikes are an 82 CB900super sport (rat bike) i have had for years traded a mercedes diesel witha broken frame for it 8 years ago and only put tyres and chain on it (and battery) good runner. I traded a 22 pistol for the car!

88 Vmax completely modified by Bare Bone rides bad assed blackops machine runs VG and is wicked oldschool muscle.

I got multiple dirtbikes all in various stages of running or diassembly 2 suzukis and a china repo for the kid to play and learn on.

I like the knowledge base here thanks for everyones posts and efforts
im waiting for my camera to come back in my gang box and ill post up some pics of the scooter
Frog
out
« Last Edit: 02/26/12 at 15:40:57 by frog »  

IMG_1618.JPG
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: New member Intro
Reply #1 - 02/25/12 at 04:56:45

You sound like a good guy, throw up some pics man! Cheesy

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/25/12 at 06:48:54

Built2Last wrote on 02/25/12 at 04:56:45:
You sound like a good guy, throw up some pics man! Cheesy

+1 to that... Let's see it! Show us your muscle. Pics of all the bikes, not just the Savage would be great.
Welcome!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 02/25/12 at 08:22:49

You traded a 22 pistol for a CAR? Dude,, either that was one Helluva  
pistol,,or, that wasnt much CAR!
Welcome,, & yea, youre right about the bike. It isnt the most in several areas, but it has a charm about it, its fun, easy if not seemingly incessant tinkering & the people who own them seem to be a pretty decent bunch.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
frog
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #4 - 02/25/12 at 16:44:38

Thanks for the welcome! No camera at the moment but ill get one from the GF ll get some snaps. I just finished the Savage, and did a test run its good to go, Im stoked to cure several little issues ive had that I have seen here primarily the petcock issue, im going to put a 90 degree LB on the air intake with a pod, Id like to get a differnet muffler system my stock header is wraped but in my mind there is too much chrome nothing flat black paint wont cure and some elbow grease with steel wool.

Lets see my 74 240 D the guy who brought it over from Germany commited suicide in it, it sat for over 12 years in florida the rear foot wells rusted out. When I first got it it was horrible thumping while driving it come to find the tires where out of round for sitting so long, I swaped out tires and thats really about it. I converted it to run on cooking oil (added seperate boat tank, fuel pump and new fuel lines with a ball switch) car got about 40MPG with 4 speed non turbo id get oil from Mcds for free, it smelled like French fries coming out the tail pipe, my kid is now addicted to mcds frys. the pistol was a ruger 22 mk 1 about 300 bucks.

Ive been riding since 1974 (im 51) started out on a ct70 ridden bikes on every continent and ridden through Africa, Alaska and S. America on a KLR 600/650 (couple differnet ones)

Ive owned harleys, jap bikes, euro bikes, I like them all and just have always enjoyed riding and spreading bike zen. I had a bike in Afghanistan some china POS I rode the wheels off of it on the FOB gave it to some Polish SF guys when I buged out.

IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #5 - 02/25/12 at 19:27:29

Basket Bobbers Rule!........Welcome

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #6 - 02/25/12 at 20:05:37

Welcome Frog. I live in Sebastian Fl.  Just south of you.  Cool

The Savage just grows on you......it has style!  

« Last Edit: 02/25/12 at 22:19:18 by BrettKeiselsbeard »  

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
frog
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #7 - 02/26/12 at 14:09:04

Actually my GF lives in Malabar so im even closer.
Frog
sends

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:30:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New member Intro

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.