Signal Lites (Read 139 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Signal Lites
02/22/12 at 06:32:09

What is the story on short and long rear signal lites ?
My '07 has short, and my bro's '07 has long ones, too long for the bags he bought. Is one or the other optional from Suzy?

Thanks,

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Signal Lites
Reply #1 - 02/22/12 at 07:15:59

Just trade bikes,, dang,, I gotta do ALL your thinkin for ya?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 02/22/12 at 08:36:16

Are they the same style?  I would wager that his have been replaced with pre-'05 signals, the "lollipop" round ones.  They had a longer stem than the bullet style ones on the newer bikes.  Or maybe he has aftermarkets?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #3 - 02/22/12 at 09:13:25

babyhog wrote on 02/22/12 at 08:36:16:
Are they the same style?  I would wager that his have been replaced with pre-'05 signals, the "lollipop" round ones.  They had a longer stem than the bullet style ones on the newer bikes.  Or maybe he has aftermarkets?    

BH,
It nice that we have you here when we want a decent civilized educated best guess answer.   Wink
Its my bro's problem, I'll send him your answer.
Thanks

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 02/22/12 at 09:39:35

What? You thot my answer wasnt nice? I thot it was.. anyway,,I dont understand how discovering why they are different would help solve the problem,, theyre there, theyre in the way, the solution will be the same, no matter how it got the way it is.. so, I went for the easiest solution,, swap bikes, &, FWIW,, its still the easiest answer, unless of course, the bikes arent near each other,,

It was Sup POSED to have been funny, sorry if you didnt think so.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #5 - 02/23/12 at 05:05:58

JOG,
You must have missed my smiley. But that you took it seriously made it even funnier Shocked Grin

What difference does it make ??
Well, the long ones won't work on bro's bike w/ the bags he bought, so I guess he was wondering where to get the short lites like is on mine. I figured there would be a cut and dried answer, but I guess not. I figured my short ones are standard, and he thought his long ones were. I guess we'll never know for sure. One thing is sure, he needs shorter lites. He will probably get the answer from his Suzi dealer.  

Rich
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 02/23/12 at 08:22:59

Routy wrote on 02/23/12 at 05:05:58:
JOG,
You must have missed my smiley. But that you took it seriously made it even funnier Shocked Grin

What difference does it make ??
Well, the long ones won't work on bro's bike w/ the bags he bought, so I guess he was wondering where to get the short lites like is on mine. I figured there would be a cut and dried answer, but I guess not. I figured my short ones are standard, and he thought his long ones were. I guess we'll never know for sure. One thing is sure, he needs shorter lites. He will probably get the answer from his Suzi dealer.  

I bet we could tell if you could post pics of both yours and his...  

and I never met a man who needed a shorter one...   Grin  Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #7 - 02/24/12 at 05:33:45

Quote:
I never met a man who needed a shorter one...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Let alone 2 of them !! huh ? Wink

Like you said, his does have the bigger knobby lites.
I'm curious which is standard,........maybe either ?

Routy

Rich
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:36:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Signal Lites

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.