Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Latest issue of "Cruiser" MC magizine. (Read 134 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Latest issue of "Cruiser" MC magizine.
02/20/12 at 21:49:53

Has anyone picked up the latest issue? It has a really nice main article titled "Retooling the Savage" 9RYCA CS-1 Cafe Racer Project.

I'm not interested in Cafe Racer style bikes, but for those who are this is a neat article with seven nice pictures in it of the work progress.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Latest issue of "Cruiser" MC magizine.
Reply #1 - 02/21/12 at 04:19:40

Starlifter wrote on 02/20/12 at 21:49:53:
Has anyone picked up the latest issue? It has a really nice main article titled "Retooling the Savage" 9RYCA CS-1 Cafe Racer Project.

I'm not interested in Cafe Racer style bikes, but for those who are this is a neat article with seven nice pictures in it of the work progress.

I enjoyed the article too, despite a couple derogatory comments about the beloved Savage. Roll Eyes  Nice to see it in print though. Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Latest issue of "Cruiser" MC magizin
Reply #2 - 02/21/12 at 08:04:13

Writers have to poo-poo the Savage in order to justify all the articles on worthless 1600cc+ tankers... and 900cc beginners bikes...

Savage rocks!...

Some other articles here, too...
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_1101_ryca_cs1_cafe_racer/vie...

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ryca-cs1-review-91144.html

http://rycamotors.com/new/2011/12/ultimate-motorcycling-cs-1-review/

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #3 - 02/21/12 at 12:32:18

Here are a few more (if the links still work.) The first link works (Suzuki Savage LS 650) until I past it here, then it doesn't work. The other two seem to be okay.

1.     Suzuki Savage LS 650
bruceclarkemexico.tripod.com/ls650.htm
1997 Suzuki LS 650 'Savage' (custom cruiser) ... Reviewed in the following magazines: MOTORCYCLIST August 1995, RIDER July 1995, MOTORCYCLE ...
Suzuki Savage LS 650

2.      2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Road Test And Review -
Motorcycle ...
www.motorcyclecruiser.com › Road Tests
Introduced in 1986 as the Savage, Suzuki's Boulevard S40 650cc single-cylinder cruiser motorcycle still has its charms after two decades. By Art Friedman ...

3.       650cc Class Motorcycles - Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine
www.motorcyclecruiser.com › Road Tests
... Star Custom, and the Suzuki Boulevard S40 from Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine . ... of the bunch, Suzuki's Boulevard S40, debuted in 1986 as the 650 Savage.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #4 - 02/21/12 at 18:44:05

I'd been peripherally aware of the Savage for years, but never paid it any real attention until I read Mark Hoyer's column about the RYCA in Cycle World in 2010. THAT caused me to take a longer look at the Savage, do some digging, find this incredible forum and, ultimately, find a great bike (used) at a great price, and get back into riding after too many years away.

I couldn't agree more with 'Bots observations. 900cc, 600lb "entry level" bikes...Say, what? In practical terms, our thumpers will do 90% or more of what far more complex, expensive, powerful, heavy, etc., etc. bikes will do.
We can find them at sub-astronomical prices, maintain them ourselves, and enjoy them enormously without going broke in the process.

I think I'm slowly easing my '07 away from "cruiser" toward "standard", but in any case it's a helluva place to start.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: Latest issue of "Cruiser" MC magizin
Reply #5 - 02/22/12 at 03:40:31

Don't forget that Savages make the most wicked looking/sounding/handling bobbers around.. Blue Collar Bobbers deserves some lime light in my opinion even though I feel bobbers are more purist than cafe racers, since cafe racers seem to be a sub trend now a days.. I still think a kit for either style is still silly though, but to each his own Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:28:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Latest issue of "Cruiser" MC magizine.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.