Send Topic Print
Legit Wiring Diagram (Read 54 times)
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Legit Wiring Diagram
02/19/12 at 07:33:49

Ok elecrical guru's, help a guy out?  I need a wiring diagram for a new harness (or a modified original harness, I suppose) with a few changes.  It can't be stripped down completely due to local laws, and I'd like to incorporate LED capability.  Basically, what I'm looking for is this:

-I wanna get rid of the kickstand kill switch.  The neutral safety start switch needs to remain due to legal stuff.  I know I can just short it, but if I'm re-doing the harness anyway...

-I have to run all lighting, including signals, high/low beam headlight, tail light/brakes and idiot lights.  I want to use mini LED's for the signals, and I'm looking at a new speedo with 4 LED idiot lights in the face.  I'd like to run the idiot lights in the speedo like this; Neutral, left signal, right signal, and hi-beam headlight.

-The horn needs to stay, again due to local laws.

Can anyone help me out?  This'll be my first attempt at wiring, and I really wanna clean up the harness routing for a cleaner setup than the stock rats nest.  I'm not all that good with figuring out how change wiring to work like I want, though, hence this post.

Thanks, all.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Legit Wiring Diagram
Reply #1 - 02/19/12 at 08:02:32

There are wiring diagrams in the tech section.
copy them, use paint to paste them together.
Then separate out the lighting circuit to get your feet wet.  
This should be the easiest to do as it doesn't interact with the others.
You should also be able to separate the charging circuit.
Then all that's left in the ignition circuit with safeties.

If you get this far, we can eliminate the safeties.

WWW   IP Logged
palehorseman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

highpoint nc
Reply #2 - 02/19/12 at 09:10:43

Smokestack wrote on 02/19/12 at 07:33:49:
Ok elecrical guru's, help a guy out?  I need a wiring diagram for a new harness (or a modified original harness, I suppose) with a few changes.  It can't be stripped down completely due to local laws, and I'd like to incorporate LED capability.  Basically, what I'm looking for is this:

-I wanna get rid of the kickstand kill switch.  The neutral safety start switch needs to remain due to legal stuff.  I know I can just short it, but if I'm re-doing the harness anyway...

-I have to run all lighting, including signals, high/low beam headlight, tail light/brakes and idiot lights.  I want to use mini LED's for the signals, and I'm looking at a new speedo with 4 LED idiot lights in the face.  I'd like to run the idiot lights in the speedo like this; Neutral, left signal, right signal, and hi-beam headlight.

-The horn needs to stay, again due to local laws.

Can anyone help me out?  This'll be my first attempt at wiring, and I really wanna clean up the harness routing for a cleaner setup than the stock rats nest.  I'm not all that good with figuring out how change wiring to work like I want, though, hence this post.

Thanks, all.

Send me a pm n ill oneline u a schematic that fits your needs. Smiley

IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #3 - 02/19/12 at 09:20:18

Quote:
Send me a pm n ill oneline u a schematic that fits your needs. Smiley

PM sent.