Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has NOT been my month... (Read 104 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Has NOT been my month...
02/17/12 at 16:19:07

Let's see...

Finally fixed the bent levers on the Savage. Clutch cable broke and left switch box innards disintegrated. Finding a clutch cable for a Savage with 15" apes is a pain in the butt, a VN800A +6" cable works but has to be special ordered. And you can't reach the middle adjuster (under the fuel tank).

Bought Lisa a new pistol for our anniversary, pickup got rear-ended on the way home from the gun store. Receiver hitch prevented any real damage (Rangers are flimsy, hitch is an extra heavy duty cross member).

3 weeks behind on plowing, discing, harrowing and planting. Lousy weather (too wet) and both steer axle tires popped.  At the same time. With the John Deere parked.

Almost lost my right ear yesterday. Walked out to check on the lead mechanic, he mis-hit a cold chisel just as I walked up. Flying point caught me in the ear (right where it attaches in the front). Cartilage damage and a few stitches. Had the day off. Bored, Lisa won't let me do anything until tomorrow.

On a better note, several steps closer to being back on the road. Modified a VN800A seat to fit with my tank and back fender (HD FL Shovel). Mustang studded cover came via UPS today. Have a switch to mount inline for the headlight (HI-LOW-OFF), have a spare Panhead horn button, finally will delete the turn signals (will be there, but not hooked up yet). Found a great place to handle stuff I no longer want to fool with (carb, tires, etc) on the Savage or Lisa's 800 Intruder. Independent shop.

Will try to be on here more but rather overloaded at the moment.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Has NOT been my month...
Reply #1 - 02/17/12 at 17:35:27

Wow!.. bummer...
Don't put that helmet on 'till yer' ear heals,.. could be messy......   Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 02/17/12 at 18:09:59

WD, Take a grinder to the mushroom on those chisels. Could have been an inch off and lost an eye. Or an inch further out and hit someone really important.  Grin Wasn't a stolen TVA chisel was it? I have a chunk of one in my right forearm.  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 02/17/12 at 18:18:53

Wow WD,,, Just WOW!!!  Youve had some harrowing times,, well,, not enough, its been too wet. You coulda been standing a few inches to the right & needed more than stitches,
I was happy to note that the end of the story about buying the gun wasnt someone gettin shot,
The R/F on the backhoe died last summer. Everyone was in the house & we heard a mighty racket. We all ran out, expecting to see a cloud of smoke coming up from the old guys place about a 1/4 mile away. Looked all around & saw not one thing, Later, I was on the porch & saw the tire was flat, looked closer & saw it wasnt just flat, but that it had straight up Exploded,, Good thing I wasnt carrying a bucket loaded up & taking an off camber turn. I mita had a whole bad month in less than 10 seconds.

Tires will fix, cuts will heal, dirt will dry up. Youve still got both eyes.
Chin up! ( But be prepared to duck!)

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 02/18/12 at 08:04:24

Seat cover doesn't fit. And since when have Mustang covers been vinyl? I think the retailer I ordered it through might have stuck a cheap Saddleman cover in a Mustang package... If all I wanted was a studded vinyl seat cover I can stud out the o.e.m. Kawasaki one for $5... or less. At least it fits the padding and seat pan without having seams showing...

Floorboards are finished too. Cut the stock peg cores down and welded the board mounts to the stubs. A couple shims to take out a bit of excess wobble (stock pegs were always wobbly) and they will be perfect.

Someone please p.m. me the links for the simplified wiring harness. Planning to run a car type ignition switch and manual decomp cable, don't want or need all the excess junk under the tank/seat. Can't find the links via standard search methods for some reason.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 02/18/12 at 08:23:21

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #6 - 02/19/12 at 19:03:17

Lisa is right..keep the ear clean, because should you develope an infection in the cartalidge, it can be tough to knock out.  With all this crap this month, think how good next month might be (the Law of Averages???)

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 02/22/12 at 13:42:02

...planting? (I'm not a farmer) I know it's been a super mild winter, but what do you plant in January and February?

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:31:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Has NOT been my month...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.