Send Topic Print
air box (Read 135 times)
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
air box
02/14/12 at 16:31:48

What does the other end of the air box breather hose hook too?

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: air box
Reply #1 - 02/14/12 at 17:02:29

crankcase breather tube?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 02/14/12 at 17:13:41

theres a drain tube out the bottom also

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Reply #3 - 02/14/12 at 17:38:58

Built2Last wrote on 02/14/12 at 17:02:29:
crankcase breather tube?

The one from the top left side. Parts blow up shows it with a clamp on the end but does not indicate where it goes. I'm trying to remove PO's mods and go back stock with K & N filter.

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Reply #4 - 02/14/12 at 17:40:17

thumperclone wrote on 02/14/12 at 17:13:41:
theres a drain tube out the bottom also

Yep I got that one

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 02/14/12 at 18:00:34

By other end I take it you mean the end NOT attached to the breather box on the front left side. It is a tube of about 1/2" id that goes on the top right head cap. If the top head trim chrome piece is in place it may be hard (impossible) to get the hose clamped onto the male tube sticking up from the head cap. On a cold engine stick your finger into the cut out on the head cap chrome trim. You should feel it sticking up. angled toward back.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Reply #6 - 02/14/12 at 18:09:02

Boofer wrote on 02/14/12 at 18:00:34:
By other end I take it you mean the end NOT attached to the breather box on the front left side. It is a tube of about 1/2" id that goes on the top right head cap. If the top head trim chrome piece is in place it may be hard (impossible) to get the hose clamped onto the male tube sticking up from the head cap. On a cold engine stick your finger into the cut out on the head cap chrome trim. You should feel it sticking up. angled toward back.

thanks!

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 02/15/12 at 07:40:59

Yup.  It allows the crankcase to breathe into and from filtered air.  It also allows any oil that gets coughed up into the tube to be deposited into the airbox, where you can drain it later.  I use a stainless steel bolt in my drain tube with a small clamp to hold it in place.  Every once in a while, open it over a tin can or disposable cup and drain whatever may be in it.  Usually very little if any comes out.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Reply #8 - 02/15/12 at 09:30:09

Savage_Rob wrote on 02/15/12 at 07:40:59:
Yup.  It allows the crankcase to breathe into and from filtered air.  It also allows any oil that gets coughed up into the tube to be deposited into the airbox, where you can drain it later.  I use a stainless steel bolt in my drain tube with a small clamp to hold it in place.  Every once in a while, open it over a tin can or disposable cup and drain whatever may be in it.  Usually very little if any comes out.

Thanks. I like this place.

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Reply #9 - 02/16/12 at 18:06:37

Boofer wrote on 02/14/12 at 18:00:34:

Thanks Boofer. I did see the large hose coming from the head on the right side but it had a smaller hose stuck inside it and ran down the motor the past the carb and down to the frame. I assumed it was suposed to be that way. Had no idea it was supposed to run to the air box. PO removed the air box and ran the hose down. Thanks for the info.  Wink

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:15:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › air box

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.