Send Topic Print
starter (Read 201 times)
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Re: starter
Reply #15 - 02/16/12 at 03:35:07

I dont get anything from the starter. No sounds of any sort. The instant I push the starter button the fuse blows....the only sound Im getting is the relay clicking. And of course "pop!"............ Lol

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 02/16/12 at 05:31:03

Pull the hot wire off the starter, replace the fuse, hit the button, & see if it pops the fuse.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #17 - 02/16/12 at 06:36:02

You bought Micah's bike right? I'm sure that wiring has been played with but it's so stripped down you outta be able to trace it down pretty easy...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/16/12 at 09:55:03

You can unhook any wiring connectors in that line & hit the button, No Fuse Pop? Make a connection,, try again, when it starts popping fuses, the problem is in the last section you connected.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #19 - 02/16/12 at 14:16:38

There should be no current flowing at all when the ignition switch is turned off right? I believe it is the ignition relay. Did the light bulb trick recomennded above. As well as the fuse, plug things in one at a time. With the key in the off position, the light bulb is lit. It also blows the fuse in the off position......as soon as i plug in the relay but only when everything else is connected.

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #20 - 02/16/12 at 15:39:25

Okay... After 3 days of swearing she is fixed...... K.I.S.S finally won... Rigged a jumper for the fuse since it wasnt giving me enough time to trobleshoot, and guess what? The decomp relay was staying engaged and somehow routing power back and blowing the fuse...... Followed wiring back and where the 3 BlkW wires join there was a little bit of bare wire showing. Tugged at it to pull it closer and the one that was bare slid right out of the crimp. Cut the crimp, twisted the 3 wires together and touched the starter switch and away she went! Somehow in 3 days of digging through the harness it stayed in there until I poked it and it practically jumped out...... yeah im embarrassed. After falsely blameing every other thing on the bike. Going to get it secured properly and put it all back together.     Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:18:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › starter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.