Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Weisco Piston
Reply #15 - 02/09/12 at 03:23:07

verslagen1 wrote on 02/08/12 at 08:21:58:
You'll have to walk us thru the issues.

right now I'm guessin' bad CDI

I have also been known to make house calls   Grin

The guest suite is available and includes all meals.
The cook is outstanding by the way.    
 Wink

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #16 - 02/09/12 at 12:37:41

I just did some quick math. I must be missing something. If the only thing that we change on the piston is the diameter then going from the standard 94mm to 95mm we only gain a handful of cc's. Even as large as a 97 still only gains us about 50.
Now I see the 97 giving a substantial boost but how much does the 95 change things? Or are there other forces at play here that I'm not taking into account?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 02/09/12 at 13:47:55

Can you say... High compression piston?

you go from a 8 1/2 to 10 1/2 to 1... oh yeah!   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 02/09/12 at 13:55:37

Your right Greenmonster

going to 95mm only takes the cc's to 659.5  ....   but ..... those extra cc have to get compressed into the same place 653 use-to-go and then on top of the piston is a dome that takes some of the compressed area away so compression goes up even more.    So by now High-test gas is manatory.    Liquid doin't compress , so one of two things has to happen ,  

1 run a leaner mixture  (too lean couses heat problem)
2 run high test fuel

May take a while to get things blanced back out ,   but the end result will be

1  more mpg
2  more power
3  combination of both.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #19 - 02/09/12 at 14:12:12

Is there an icon for facepalm? I totally forgot to take compression into account. This is what I get for doing math in the back of my head while staring at other projects that I need to be developing.

How much are the 95 and the 97?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 02/09/12 at 20:19:48

I got mine last month from Wesico for $149.oo ...  included was piston , rings , ristpin/w/keepers in a really cool black velvet bag with WESICO wrote on it.

AutoZone has cylinder hones in their loan-a-tool program .  So the bore job cost the price of a set of course honning stones ($9.95), the fine cut stones came with it and go back with it.   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 02/10/12 at 02:23:43

MMRanch wrote on 02/09/12 at 20:19:48:
I got mine last month from Wesico for $149.oo ...  included was piston , rings , ristpin/w/keepers in a really cool black velvet bag with WESICO wrote on it.

AutoZone has cylinder hones in their loan-a-tool program .  So the bore job cost the price of a set of course honning stones ($9.95), the fine cut stones came with it and go back with it.   Smiley

Did they have a sale ?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 02/11/12 at 16:22:52

I pride myself on being a first class  BARGAN HUNTER ,   but I found it on google search .

I haven't been able to find any aftermarket camshafts.   Where do you get them ?

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 02/11/12 at 16:45:43

I got for about that last spring on flea bay

and there's a bunch right now for $145 inc shipping

search for wiseco 4597M*

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 02/11/12 at 16:53:11

MMRanch wrote on 02/11/12 at 16:22:52:
I pride myself on being a first class  BARGAN HUNTER ,   but I found it on google search .

I haven't been able to find any aftermarket camshafts.   Where do you get them ?

Ya ain't gonna find a bargain on 'em anywheres
unless lancer will give ya his customer list and ya start callin'

or send your cam to web cam inc give 'em a wink and tell'm yer a buddy of lancers   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #25 - 02/12/12 at 02:43:57

Wiseco does not have any new or used cam cores of there own for making any of the camshafts for the LS650.  It is necessary to send them a core at the time the order is made, regardless of the cam profile desired.
This is normal business for them.  A lot of the work they do is taking a used or even slightly damaged cores and then Hard Welding & machining to the desired profile.  The cam bearing surfaces need to be in good shape at the get go though.  I would think they can restore the bearing surface as well if needed but I've never needed to do that to any cam core I've sent in.
Webcam does make new camshafts for selected high volume model bikes but the LS650 is nowhere even approaching that.  I talked to them about making new camshafts but it would require a minimum order of 100 camshafts to initiate production of them.  The costs for that are at least $50/new core + about $120 for the Hard Weld and machining.  I don't have $17,000 to sink into that project so it's just order by order for now.  Of course if I win the lottery this week and $300 mil. drops into my pocket I'll do it...otherwise don't hold your breath.   Smiley
They can also Hard Weld the rocker surfaces and recommend that this be done at the same time.  Whether you choose to do that or not depends on the condition of your rockers, whether you choose a higher lift profile, and how hard you thrash your engine dive bombing around those mountain roads which as many of us know is down right addicting !!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 02/12/12 at 15:39:14

Getting both items welded up with hard surface material and re-ground (if you are starting with worn rockers) is much recommended.

Otherwise you can do the rockers later on anyway ....  and mebbe need your cam redone because of it too.

With a hot cam you WILL turn many more rpms compared to a stock engine.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #27 - 02/13/12 at 02:36:43

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/12/12 at 15:39:14:
Getting both items welded up with hard surface material and re-ground (if you are starting with worn rockers) is much recommended.

Otherwise you can do the rockers later on anyway ....  and mebbe need your cam redone because of it too.

With a hot cam you WILL turn many more rpms compared to a stock engine.

Hmmm, strange how the throttle has a way of wanting to stay in that 3/4-WOT position more after the engine has been HEALTHIERIZED  ! !    Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 02/16/12 at 08:50:46

The local shop called yesterday "Your parts are here".

When I got there instead of the cam tentensioner they had a cam adjustor. #%^&*@@#$$

Its gona be another 7 to 10 days $&^*&^%^&* ...

The old tentensioner cracked and I just wa nted a new one.   It will likelly be 35-40 k-miles befor I get back into the motor so I thought "Why Not" get a new one.

Its 55 degrees and sunny outside now and I doin't have anything but the Harley to ride !    Depressing !!

Smiley

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:24:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Weisco Piston

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.